Issues after installing latest PostMarket OS with POSH
Have dragged the PinePhone out of the cupboard to give it another try.
Have tried to install the Latest version of PostMarket OS to both EMMC and the SSD card.

The install was very easy but upon boot I get
can't create directory '/home/user/local/' :read only file system

then a string similar errors around cannot create files due to read only file system.

Would seem Postmarket Os has installed with a Read only filesystem.

Any ideas how to fix this?

thanks
(08-17-2023, 10:09 PM)xen314 Wrote: Have dragged the PinePhone out of the cupboard to give it another try.
Have tried to install the Latest version of PostMarket OS to both EMMC and the SSD card.

then a string similar errors around cannot create files due to read only file system.

thanks

And that happens on the eMMC too? In flash memories, a read-only filesystem typically means that the flash medium is broken, especially for the microSD card that can happen. Would recommend switching the microSD card and also try it with a different image.
(08-17-2023, 10:09 PM)xen314 Wrote: Have dragged the PinePhone out of the cupboard to give it another try.

thanks

Flash pmos Phosh without installer. You can find the image in same place. Default password is 147147
At the moment all installers are broken (or atleast phosh stable and edge and gnome stable and edge)
(08-18-2023, 02:54 AM)alaraajavamma Wrote:

thanks

Flash pmos Phosh without installer. You can find the image in same place. Default password is 147147
At the moment all installers are broken (or atleast phosh stable and edge and gnome stable and edge)

Sorry for the slow response.
Thanks for the heads up in regards to all the installers being broken.
Will flash with OS rather than installer and let you know.

TW
(08-20-2023, 06:05 PM)xen314 Wrote:
(08-18-2023, 02:54 AM)alaraajavamma Wrote:

thanks

Sorry for the slow response.
Thanks for the heads up in regards to all the installers being broken.
Will flash with OS rather than installer and let you know.

TW

Thanks for the prompt reply.
Spot of with the issue and resolution phone now up an running, Postmarket OS
seems to be the most spritely OS I have tried so far.

Thanks again.

TW

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Firefox Crashes on Start-up (latest installer) & How do I change Default Browser? aLoop100o 1 429 11-22-2023, 10:16 AM
Last Post: zetabeta
  Plasma mobile latest stable @pp1.2b voice calling audio issue n05ph3r42 3 790 10-03-2023, 06:32 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Software app in postmarket gnome shell Uturn 1 615 09-06-2023, 05:27 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
  Battery issues user641 3 1,223 07-17-2023, 10:43 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
  Pinephone 64 PostMarketOS edition Battery Issues, Not Hardware Issue X0X0X0X0X0 1 1,382 02-11-2023, 08:19 AM
Last Post: acid andy
  Postmarket os printer setup Chief 3 2,217 01-21-2023, 04:27 PM
Last Post: jojuma
  Latest suggestion to fix modem instability? feklee 10 8,735 01-31-2022, 01:16 PM
Last Post: feklee
  axolotl signal client on postmarket os? nieral 2 3,045 10-29-2021, 07:41 AM
Last Post: nieral
  Latest build no firefox, text editor? cosmicschock 2 2,330 10-03-2021, 12:19 PM
Last Post: cosmicschock
  No sound on edge posh since an update 2 days ago ? winktheman 2 3,332 05-27-2021, 12:49 PM
Last Post: winktheman