SMS issues
I have installed the custom modem firmware
from github.com/the-modem-distro/pinephone_modem_sdk/
tried the reflashing the stock firmware even and still cannot send sms messages, it just will not work.
(08-05-2023, 01:15 AM)SchizoPinePhone225 Wrote: I have installed the custom modem firmware
from
tried the reflashing the stock firmware even and still cannot send sms messages, it just will not work.

Try release 0.7.2 and upgrade also your ADSP (instructions are in the same link)
https://github.com/the-modem-distro/pine.../tag/0.7.2

If this does not work try to downgrade to 3G or 2G and then send SMS.
There are reports where some carriers network refuses to send/receive SMS when you are on 4G network.

Also - just to be clear - if you are sending MMS (sms for group or with attachment or maybe sometimes even a long text) you need to have correct APN activated
(08-05-2023, 04:07 AM)alaraajavamma Wrote:
(08-05-2023, 01:15 AM)SchizoPinePhone225 Wrote: I have installed the custom modem firmware
from

how can I downgrade to 3G or 2G?

Also how can I confirm which carriers do and no not function properly with the pine phone?
It depends which desktop enviroment you are using but there is Settings somewhere where you can choose for example 3G only.

" Also how can I confirm which carriers do and no not function properly with the pine phone?"
It is really rare that it does not work but I have heard that it happens with some carriers. There are no complete list but there is some bit outdated in Pine64 Wiki page.

I suggest that you could also use Forum search function if some answer from earlier issues will help you.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Modem Issues SchizoPinePhone225 2 839 08-31-2023, 08:23 PM
Last Post: SchizoPinePhone225
  SMS issues SchizoPinePhone225 2 947 07-28-2023, 07:03 PM
Last Post: SchizoPinePhone225
  Arch Linux ARM - "my" issues/setup/wants mikehenson 0 1,719 04-29-2021, 10:01 PM
Last Post: mikehenson