Couple of problems updating
(08-11-2023, 08:51 AM)shulamy Wrote:
(08-11-2023, 12:18 AM)Ctrl_Amiga_1070 Wrote: So. I've dowloaded and extracted the glodroid package
gd-aosp-pinephonepro-userdebug-2023w27.sdcard.img.xz
and I am now (Linux) unetbootin that gd-aosp-pinephonepro-userdebug-2023w27.sdcard.img to an sd-card.
I then insert that into PinePhone PRO (Found the box) and then follow instructions from above link. Step 7 dd write to device not partition
Now I have restarted the pinphone pro in tow-boot (without an sd-card) and nothing came up on lsblk. Q-Is that normal?
Thanks
 i am not sure but i think you installed to sd card
 so if you boot without sd card you boot from empty emmc
 and if you want android why pinephone

ezik

Wanting Android why pinephone? Well at least I can see whats install. It's cheaper to buy. If I want to try some other OS, I can.

Boot without sdcard, you boot empty emmc.
YEAH!
I think I did's that. I've stuffed it. PinePhone Pro now boots (WITH OUT an sd-card), one short buzz, red light, wait 10-15seconds, then 10 Buzzes whilst red light blinking, then powers off. (The powers on because that's what PinePhone does when it senses power... Must be a dark-side thing).

I am trying this thread
https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=15998
but when I get to github downloads it's a whole bunch of files, with a "MAKE" file.
I'll be honest, every-time I have attempted this, I destroy something. I just do NOT understand why someone developed something and just left it raw and uninstallable. There would be a very good reason here since your basically creating bootable device, but you developed it for a pinePhone Pro.
Oh ! and I don't see instructions anywhere. The previous page "tow-boot.org" states 'download' this and dd write it. I am guessing all of it.
FYI ALL.
I'll pause this and continue this part under the 15998 Thread. That's where it should be.
BRB, or whatever the young folk say these days
AND
Thanks to ezik for more help and guidance.
(08-11-2023, 06:49 PM)Ctrl_Amiga_1070 Wrote:
(08-11-2023, 12:18 AM)Ctrl_Amiga_1070 Wrote: So. I've dowloaded and extracted the glodroid package
and I am now (Linux) unetbootin that gd-aosp-pinephonepro-userdebug-2023w27.sdcard.img to an sd-card.
I then insert that into PinePhone PRO (Found the box) and then follow instructions from above link. Step 7 dd write to device not partition
Now I have restarted the pinphone pro in tow-boot (without an sd-card) and nothing came up on lsblk. Q-Is that normal?
Thanks

ezik

Wanting Android why pinephone? Well at least I can see whats install. It's cheaper to buy. If I want to try some other OS, I can.

YEAH!
I think I did's that. I've stuffed it. PinePhone Pro now boots (WITH OUT an sd-card), one short buzz, red light, wait 10-15seconds, then 10 Buzzes whilst red light blinking, then powers off. (The powers on because that's what PinePhone does when it senses power... Must be a dark-side thing).

I am trying this thread
but when I get to github downloads it's a whole bunch of files, with a "MAKE" file.
I'll be honest, every-time I have attempted this, I destroy something. I just do NOT understand why someone developed something and just left it raw and uninstallable. There would be a very good reason here since your basically creating bootable device, but you developed it for a pinePhone Pro.
Oh ! and I don't see instructions anywhere. The previous page "tow-boot.org" states 'download' this and dd write it. I am guessing all of it.
FYI ALL.
I'll pause this and continue this part under the 15998 Thread. That's where it should be.
AND

Inset <bad Language>
I just found (after much searching backups) that I ordered a PinePhone PRO Explorer Edition.... I've been following the wrong instructions.
Wow! Do I deserve a smack across my head
(08-11-2023, 08:23 PM)Ctrl_Amiga_1070 Wrote:
(08-11-2023, 06:49 PM)Ctrl_Amiga_1070 Wrote:
Thanks

ezik

YEAH!

I am trying this thread
FYI ALL.
AND

Inset <bad Language>
I just found (after much searching backups) that I ordered a PinePhone PRO Explorer Edition.... I've been following the wrong instructions.
Wow! Do I deserve a smack across my head

A am abounding this thread in lieu of this one
https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...#pid119303
I believe this other thread is more to my problems of NOT booting.
Thanks to all that offered assistance.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phosh Updating - Battery Charge Indicator - Jittery Settings - Display Usability ArchiMark 4 1,418 05-28-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: ArchiMark
  Error Updating Emilio 2 2,148 02-20-2022, 09:51 AM
Last Post: Emilio
  Still having problems w. Calls app - Speaker Phone not usable iwm 3 2,391 01-06-2022, 08:14 PM
Last Post: bcnaz