Couple of problems updating
Sad 
Si I have purchased the pro 64 version, don't remember in its explorer pro or what. I have searched for "how to identify" which hardware modle i have but haven't found anything to confirm. I've QR scanned the two QR codes inside the device and one is for GSM Mobile 4g the other is 4g RAM.
It has Manjaro ARM installed.
Problem 1. Whenever "power" is connected (Battery or usb) it boots
Problem 2. No matter what I do, I cannot "shut down", it just boots again

Problem 3. cant connect adb to device.

Sort of problem. I've tried Power + vol-down & Power and RE button, as per instructions to get device into fastboot mode. I finally managed it, just now (why I am starting this thread) I think into fastboot mode. I have a permanent BLUE led, with usb cable connected to LINUX. However I can see two (2) new devices on my Linux PC.

BOOT_MNJRO
&
ROOT_MNJRO

I have access to both of these.

What do I do, Please?
Is my device in fastboot mode or some other mode?

So I've been reading and re-reading all the install topics and even watched a few 2year old youtube videos. Doesn't really help
another question, from the main intro page (I think) is dd image.img restofcmd.
Q. Which actual img file am I to use? Please??
the 4gig sd-card img file, or one of the others mentioned in 2year old youtube, from the "userdebug-2023w27.tar.gz" file ?

the other thing was Check if the eMMC appears under lsblk. Exactly what am I to find. As mentioned I have ROOT & BOOT _MNJRO appearing. As in attached image above, I have
u_boot.itb
so I do NOT have Tow-Boot's USB.

& now my PC did an update (I thought I disabled that rubbish, as I'll update it when I want it updated) so I think I'm going to lose the blue light status
Thanks
So I am getting the hand of Blue LED (Fast Boot Mode)... Still no adb device detected
I hold volume-UP key when booting.
Still unable to get phone to actually "SHUT OFF"
adding image of Manjaro "system screen"    

Thanks to those that read and reply even if it's to another wiki page. Still trying to master the search
(07-26-2023, 07:06 PM)Ctrl_Amiga_1070 Wrote: Problem 1. Whenever "power" is connected (Battery or usb) it boots
Problem 3. cant connect adb to device.

These are expected. The OS is what controls the charging of the battery. So if the phone is plugged in it will turn ON. Linux does not use adb (that is Andriod) try using ssh.

To turn the phone OFF, unplug the power then it will stay off.

See this post for my Arch with Phosh complete install and setup.
https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=18192

See this post for my experience with the PinePhonePro on functionally 
https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...#pid118783
(07-26-2023, 07:06 PM)Ctrl_Amiga_1070 Wrote: Si I have purchased the pro 64 version, don't remember in its explorer pro or what. I have searched for "how to identify" which hardware modle i have but haven't found anything to confirm.
If it is a PinePhone Pro, it is almost certainly the Explorer Edition. There have been no other widely distributed versions yet.

(07-26-2023, 07:06 PM)Ctrl_Amiga_1070 Wrote: Problem 1. Whenever "power" is connected (Battery or usb) it boots
That it boots if you newly plug in a power source is considered a feature, not a bug. My original PinePhone also does that. I am not aware of any way to turn that off. But it should not boot just because you have a power source already plugged in.

(07-26-2023, 07:06 PM)Ctrl_Amiga_1070 Wrote: Problem 3. cant connect adb to device.
That is because the PinePhone does not use adb. (The modem chip does, internally, but that is only relevant if you want to upgrade or replace the modem firmware. The main CPU uses uBoot/Tow-Boot as bootloaders, not fastboot, so it cannot be used with Android tools.)

(07-26-2023, 07:06 PM)Ctrl_Amiga_1070 Wrote: Sort of problem. I've tried Power + vol-down & Power and RE button, as per instructions to get device into fastboot mode.
[…]
That puts the device into Tow-Boot's USB mass storage mode. There is no fastboot mode, because Tow-Boot is not fastboot. Fastboot is the Android bootloader.

(07-26-2023, 07:06 PM)Ctrl_Amiga_1070 Wrote: I finally managed it, just now (why I am starting this thread) I think into fastboot mode. I have a permanent BLUE led, with usb cable connected to LINUX. However I can see two (2) new devices on my Linux PC.

BOOT_MNJRO
&
ROOT_MNJRO

What do I do, Please?
Those are the 2 partitions on your phone's eMMC. You can mount them, but if you want to install a new OS, you will want to instead flash an image onto the entire eMMC, not mount the preexisting partitions on it.

See: https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PinePhone_P...o_the_eMMC
(07-28-2023, 09:22 PM)Kevin Kofler Wrote:
(07-26-2023, 07:06 PM)Ctrl_Amiga_1070 Wrote: Si I have purchased the pro 64 version, don't remember in its explorer pro or what. I have searched for "how to identify" which hardware modle i have but haven't found anything to confirm.
If it is a PinePhone Pro, it is almost certainly the Explorer Edition. There have been no other widely distributed versions yet.

That it boots if you newly plug in a power source is considered a feature, not a bug. My original PinePhone also does that. I am not aware of any way to turn that off. But it should not boot just because you have a power source already plugged in.

(07-26-2023, 07:06 PM)Ctrl_Amiga_1070 Wrote: Problem 3. cant connect adb to device.
That is because the PinePhone does not use adb. (The modem chip does, internally, but that is only relevant if you want to upgrade or replace the modem firmware. The main CPU uses uBoot/Tow-Boot as bootloaders, not fastboot, so it cannot be used with Android tools.)

(07-26-2023, 07:06 PM)Ctrl_Amiga_1070 Wrote: Sort of problem. I've tried Power + vol-down & Power and RE button, as per instructions to get device into fastboot mode.
[…]
That puts the device into Tow-Boot's USB mass storage mode. There is no fastboot mode, because Tow-Boot is not fastboot. Fastboot is the Android bootloader.

(07-26-2023, 07:06 PM)Ctrl_Amiga_1070 Wrote: I finally managed it, just now (why I am starting this thread) I think into fastboot mode. I have a permanent BLUE led, with usb cable connected to LINUX. However I can see two (2) new devices on my Linux PC.

BOOT_MNJRO
&
ROOT_MNJRO

What do I do, Please?
Those are the 2 partitions on your phone's eMMC. You can mount them, but if you want to install a new OS, you will want to instead flash an image onto the entire eMMC, not mount the preexisting partitions on it.

Thanks !
But I've read that like 50 times. Still does NOT explain do I dd write to
BOOT_MNJRO
or
ROOT_MNJRO
or
BOTH ?? I may not have been clear, and the instructions are any but.
Thanks
(08-06-2023, 02:08 AM)Ctrl_Amiga_1070 Wrote:
(07-28-2023, 09:22 PM)Kevin Kofler Wrote:

[…]

BOOT_MNJRO
&
ROOT_MNJRO

What do I do, Please?

Thanks !
But I've read that like 50 times. Still does NOT explain do I dd write to
BOOT_MNJRO
or
ROOT_MNJRO
or
BOTH ?? I may not have been clear, and the instructions are any but.
Thanks

you mean step 7 ?
 it says "device" not partition

ezik
you mean step 7 ?

ezik

so I've booted into Tow-Boot (Not bootloader)
Lsblk =
sde                          8:64      1  115.2G  0 disk 
├─sde1                        8:65  1  457.8M  0 part  /media/mm3/BOOT_MNJRO
└─sde2                        8:66  1    114.8G  0 part 
Step 7 as you mentioned would be the 115.2G disk
Correct?
Still haven't reached newbie status yet... I was referring to "bootloader" as I assumed it was the same thing. I read Tow-Boot and U-Boot (sounds like a Commodore64 Game I used to play)... I didn't know what I have had or had confirmed which model phone I have.
I am going under the impression it's the 64 version as that is what I ordered.

Assuming everything is correct https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PinePhone_P...o_the_eMMC
I continue with this.
Yes or No.
Thanks Ezik for your guidance. We all need some during our lives
(08-08-2023, 11:30 PM)Ctrl_Amiga_1070 Wrote: you mean step 7 ?

ezik

Lsblk =
Correct?
Still haven't reached newbie status yet... I was referring to "bootloader" as I assumed it was the same thing. I read Tow-Boot and U-Boot (sounds like a Commodore64 Game I used to play)... I didn't know what I have had or had confirmed which model phone I have.

Assuming everything is correct https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PinePhone_P...o_the_eMMC
I continue with this.
Yes or No.

So. I've dowloaded and extracted the glodroid package
gd-aosp-pinephonepro-userdebug-2023w27.sdcard.img.xz
and I am now (Linux) unetbootin that gd-aosp-pinephonepro-userdebug-2023w27.sdcard.img to an sd-card.
I then insert that into PinePhone PRO (Found the box) and then follow instructions from above link. Step 7 dd write to device not partition
Now I have restarted the pinphone pro in tow-boot (without an sd-card) and nothing came up on lsblk. Q-Is that normal?
Thanks
(08-11-2023, 12:18 AM)Ctrl_Amiga_1070 Wrote:
(08-08-2023, 11:30 PM)Ctrl_Amiga_1070 Wrote: you mean step 7 ?

ezik

Lsblk =
Correct?

I continue with this.
Yes or No.

So. I've dowloaded and extracted the glodroid package
gd-aosp-pinephonepro-userdebug-2023w27.sdcard.img.xz
and I am now (Linux) unetbootin that gd-aosp-pinephonepro-userdebug-2023w27.sdcard.img to an sd-card.
I then insert that into PinePhone PRO (Found the box) and then follow instructions from above link. Step 7 dd write to device not partition
Now I have restarted the pinphone pro in tow-boot (without an sd-card) and nothing came up on lsblk. Q-Is that normal?
Thanks
 i am not sure but i think you installed to sd card
 so if you boot without sd card you boot from empty emmc
 and if you want android why pinephone

ezik

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phosh Updating - Battery Charge Indicator - Jittery Settings - Display Usability ArchiMark 4 1,416 05-28-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: ArchiMark
  Error Updating Emilio 2 2,148 02-20-2022, 09:51 AM
Last Post: Emilio
  Still having problems w. Calls app - Speaker Phone not usable iwm 3 2,391 01-06-2022, 08:14 PM
Last Post: bcnaz