Bluetooth Alternative?
Sad 
My son has a sealed PineTime watch with PineTime version 1.5 software installed. He wants to upgrade the software, but we can no longer connect to the watch with Siglo. I suspect that the bluetooth is no longer working.

So I can connect to another PineTime watch on the same computer, but not this watch. I don't believe there is any other way to connect, for example using the USB charge adapter to connect to the laptop USB port doesn't seem to be a viable way to communicate with the watch.

If the bluetooth stops working, is there any practical way to save this watch? It is set to 1970, and my son has installed a version of the software (1.5) that doesn't appear to support updating the time.

He has autism and is love with the PineTime watch. He spends endless hours upgrading and downgrading the software on it, because he wants to experience every version number. I guess the watch has been loved to death.

Any advice is apprciated.
Have you depleted the battery (to reset the device)?
:wq

[ SRA accepts you ]
(06-26-2023, 08:16 PM)KC9UDX Wrote: Have you depleted the battery (to reset the device)?

Thanks for the tip. We are leaving the heart monitor running with the flashlight app on, which seems to be a fast way to drain it. I will reply back with the result!
(06-26-2023, 04:24 PM)erikzoltan Wrote: My son has a sealed PineTime watch with PineTime version 1.5 software installed. He wants to upgrade the software, but we can no longer connect to the watch with Siglo. I suspect that the bluetooth is no longer working.

So I can connect to another PineTime watch on the same computer, but not this watch. I don't believe there is any other way to connect, for example using the USB charge adapter to connect to the laptop USB port doesn't seem to be a viable way to communicate with the watch.

If the bluetooth stops working, is there any practical way to save this watch? It is set to 1970, and my son has installed a version of the software (1.5) that doesn't appear to support updating the time.

He has autism and is love with the PineTime watch. He spends endless hours upgrading and downgrading the software on it, because he wants to experience every version number. I guess the watch has been loved to death.

Any advice is apprciated.

Sometimes there are problems with bluetooth connections. Have you tried pairing the Watch on another computer?

There is also a new app "Watchmate" that is supposed to work better than siglo.

If bluetooth really doesn't work anymore, it is more difficult.

The usb cable that comes with the watch cannot be used to reflash infinitime. 

You need a special ST-Link V2 programmer, which you can buy for example at amazon.

To access the pins, the watch must be opened. This is not without danger and may break the watch.

This is only a rough description of the procedure! Proceed at your own risk!!!!

1. You can heat the adhesive on the Watch with a hairdryer or another warm object. Then you can quickly prise the Watch open with a screwdriver.

2. Wire the ST-Link V2 programmer to the pinetime as described in the following article:
Pinetime wiring

3. Flash the new firmware as described in the following article:
Reprogramming the pinetime using ST-Link V2

The watch will then no longer be waterproof and you will have to find a way to reseal it.
Pinephone:  Mobian Phosh
Pixel 3a:      Ubuntu Touch 20.04
Poco F1:      Plasma Mobile 5.27
Workstation: Manjaro KDE 5.27
Laptop:         KDE Neon 5.27
Pinetime #1:      Infinitime 1.13
LG G Watch R:  AsteriodOS 1.1 Nightly
So we did allow the battery to run out and it did solve the problem with Bluetooth.

My son is able to update his watch now whenever he wants. We can report that the InfiniTime software can be freely upgraded and downgraded without any problems. There are glitches and problems as you'd expect from a community project like this, but my son is a devoted fan of the PineTime. He is harassing me to buy more watches so he can give them as gifts for all his friends.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bluetooth Connection Issue Orionbelt 2 2,169 11-24-2023, 05:27 PM
Last Post: BrianPineFan
  Struggling to detect Pinetime over bluetooth John45595 0 1,191 11-20-2022, 11:06 PM
Last Post: John45595
  can anyone suggest their working Linux bluetooth USB dongles to connect to Pinetime? jahway603 4 2,683 07-27-2022, 07:38 PM
Last Post: jahway603
Lightbulb Saving, loading, sending and receiving images via Bluetooth to and from Pinetime danimations 0 1,137 03-29-2022, 01:21 AM
Last Post: danimations
  Bluetooth pairing issues (Mobian, InfiniTime) johns 1 2,244 02-22-2022, 08:01 PM
Last Post: Arsen6331
  Bluetooth: When discoverable? When pairable? DrPlamsa 0 1,379 08-16-2021, 12:34 PM
Last Post: DrPlamsa
  How to disable Bluetooth? piner67 0 1,490 07-08-2021, 05:42 AM
Last Post: piner67
  After 0.7 -> 1.0 update cannot connect bluetooth piner67 2 3,075 06-21-2021, 01:39 PM
Last Post: piner67
  bluetooth firmware update pjsf 2 4,327 10-16-2020, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Avamander