Beginner howto
(07-25-2023, 02:08 PM)Jite Wrote:
(07-25-2023, 10:23 AM)diederik Wrote:
(07-24-2023, 11:35 AM)Jite Wrote: I have not found a good way yet of using pulse audio and pipe wire (via wireplumber) at the same time as there is a bug in arch that stops streaming of video within the web browser (it is still possible via mpv) when using the now deprecated ‘pipe wire-media-session’.

I am quite sure that you should use either PulseAudio OR PipeWire+WirePlumber, not both at the same time.
You can also install pipewire-pulse with the PW+WP combo which emulates PA for apps that expect/need PA.

And yeah, definitely don't use pipewire-media-session, which was meant as a POC.

Yes I agree with what you are saying, it is just that phone calls were so important to me. I have messaged Nic Roth as I have a question about what he did in Manjaro to get both working together.

It would be strange if phone calls could not be routed via PW. Optionally via pipewire-pulse.
Can you share what you found out about making Manjaro work reliably for phone calls? 

Quote:Yes I agree with what you are saying, it is just that phone calls were so important to me. I have messaged Nic Roth as I have a question about what he did in Manjaro to get both working together.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Grabbag of beginner questions Decima 3 1,952 09-06-2022, 01:58 PM
Last Post: OZZM3