One USB port not working correctly
Hi all,

I was very happy today to receive my Pinetab2. Naturally, the beta state of the device means that bugs are to be expected and that some patience is needed before the product is fully functional. I have no problem with that.

Now my problem is that one of the USB-C ports, the lower one (the farthest away from the power button, on the lower side when used with the keyboard) can only be used to charge the device. When plugging any peripheral (usb flashdrive, mouse etc.) it's not working while the other is working correctly.

My question is, is that normal (a bug) ? I restarted multiple times and the behaviour is consistent. 

While, as said, I'm OK with bugs for the time it takes to iron out everything, I would like to know if I have an actual hardware defect here.

Thanks for any help.
currently this is normal. not sure if it's something that can be changed later on, through updates, but it is a known thing right now, the bottom usbc is charging only and the top is for peripherals
(06-08-2023, 12:42 PM)tophneal Wrote: currently this is normal. not sure if it's something that can be changed later on, through updates, but it is a known thing right now, the bottom usbc is charging only and the top is for peripherals

Wow, what a quick answer!

Thanks tophneal, I'm reassured.
(06-08-2023, 12:42 PM)tophneal Wrote: currently this is normal. not sure if it's something that can be changed later on, through updates, but it is a known thing right now, the bottom usbc is charging only and the top is for peripherals

One thing I've found frustrating with the separation of charging/peripheral ports - POE doesn't work. I'd hoped to use one cord to provide power & ethernet. Got this device (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09M2N3NHX).
It does work with my Pinebook Pro to charge and provide ethernet.
With my PineTab2, if I plug it in the top/right port, I have ethernet but no charging. If I plug it in the bottom/left port I have charging but no ethernet. How annoying.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb Tutorial: (Internal SDR) Adding External Threaded Antenna Port RTP 2 3,264 02-20-2021, 06:43 PM
Last Post: RTP
  WiFi stopped working, suggestions? pjsf 10 10,964 02-09-2021, 05:16 PM
Last Post: pjsf
  Sound and headphone port sim-ulant 3 3,987 09-10-2020, 12:21 PM
Last Post: sim-ulant