PineTab2 shipping
Hi!

I've ordered a PineTab2 a few days ago. The article title says shipping will occur mid-may, which we've passed. Will the order be included in the next planned shipment, or would I have to wait until next batch is produced? And if so, what time frame should I be expecting?
You haven't missed the batch, it's just been delayed.

We're currently waiting for the finishing touches to the OS the tabs will ship with. Once it's finished it will be sent to the factory to flash to the produced units. Then we will see units begin to ship.
Heart
I am quite tempted to order one, but I haven't seen any official updates since April 10th, only rumors of WiFi issues, have these been resolved then?
I really like all the Pine64 products I got, but guys, you are so horribly bad at communication, it's not even funny. Every single morsel of information has to be pulled out from you, or you just hide info randomly: sometimes in one of the dozens of chat services, sometimes at some obscure link, sometimes in the middle of an hour long random youtube video (!).

Don't get me wrong, Pine64 FTW, and delays happen, especially with first series. I'm not complaining about problems. But why is it (the delay) not displayed somewhere, e.g. in the webshop?
tophneal explained it above, it’s also not a huge company like Apple/Samsung that has dedicated departments for updating consumers, hence the lower cost of the products.

If you have concerns, don’t purchase one until they update the website. I’ve already pre-ordered mine, as I don’t mind the wait and wanted to get in on the first batch to test.

Standard shipping from China is usually a long wait anyway and then there is customs; it’s not like you’re buying from a Tesco/Walmart online shop.

Once they become available, choose courier shipping (increased cost) if you want it sooner.

I’m glad they are doing quality assurance checks before shipping.
Satisfied PinePhone, Pinebook Pro & PineTab2 owner; Thank you Pine64Team for your work!  Smile
"If you have concerns, don’t purchase one until they update the website. "

You misunderstood (or just haven't read...) what I wrote. You never know what is the last state of things, when a website is updated - this thread was started because of that too (and there are others also): the webshop still says that shipping starts mid-May, and people have no information if it is still valid, or they missed the batch, or what.

My rant was mainly about Pine64 being so tight-lipped so frequently...
(05-26-2023, 01:07 AM)WhiteHexagon Wrote: I am quite tempted to order one, but I haven't seen any official updates since April 10th, only rumors of WiFi issues, have these been resolved then?

They're not rumors, those warnings are straight from the Pine64 #pinetab chat logs. @Danct12 is active and pretty transparent in there with the current state of his development on the Pinetab2
(05-26-2023, 08:24 AM)tophneal Wrote:
(05-26-2023, 01:07 AM)WhiteHexagon Wrote: I am quite tempted to order one, but I haven't seen any official updates since April 10th, only rumors of WiFi issues, have these been resolved then?

They're not rumors

The WiFi snippet came up when I was doing a DDG search for a review of a shipped device.  Since I dont use any chat services, or reddit, (which is what DDG summary page quoted), I cant know the people involved, and hence from my perspective it is just a rumour.  Apologies if I caused offence by my question.
(05-26-2023, 09:26 AM)WhiteHexagon Wrote: The WiFi snippet came up when I was doing a DDG search for a review of a shipped device.  Since I dont use any chat services, or reddit, (which is what DDG summary page quoted), I cant know the people involved, and hence from my perspective it is just a rumour.  Apologies if I caused offence by my question.

no offense taken. perfectly reasonable to assume rumor over fact when you can't verify for yourself. i just wanted to let you know the wifi driver issue is straight from the launch OS dev's mouth chats.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Someone is interested for a PineTab2 8GB in Mexico? genobraker 0 156 03-06-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: genobraker
  Bricked my PineTab2 using Jumpdrive? jkboyd 2 284 02-24-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: jkboyd
  Castle Game Engine on PineTab2 now officially available michalis 1 778 12-14-2023, 12:22 AM
Last Post: tllim
  PinePhone or PineBook USB-C hubs on Pinetab2? Evergreen 1 656 11-05-2023, 10:20 AM
Last Post: WEF
  Pinetab2 screen issue. screen does not power on at all bluemage 5 1,285 09-25-2023, 08:29 PM
Last Post: bluemage
  What's the MAX RAM you can install to PineTab2? Ptab2newb 2 906 09-12-2023, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Ptab2newb
  Booting from SD card on Pinetab2 samochimaaron 10 2,835 08-23-2023, 09:38 AM
Last Post: diederik
  Pinetab2 without Wifi a comfort extra? Schlucker 8 3,041 07-14-2023, 03:09 AM
Last Post: gregb49
  Pinetab-V shipping Status? jfstepha 6 2,323 07-12-2023, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ChromaticHamster
  PineTab2 virtual keyboard: symbols instead of numbers clemfandango 5 1,928 07-12-2023, 05:32 AM
Last Post: mtomaschett