next pinephone model, maybe "pinephone handheld".
Again this is great topic, I love it Smile

As we speak I have more stable PP than ever and for me this is really really close to be as reliable as competitors at the moment.
I have uptime over two weeks without any modem dropdowns or other big freezes.
So the software maturity in some terms is actual quite good with PP. PP battery life is also good enough and can compete with some cheap android phones.

I have also Pinephone Pro with 24/7 connection to external display and charger and no suspend option.
And it is also really reliable - maybe month without issues (but at the moment if you use suspend then there will be issues)

But this conversation is most likely more app/ui oriented so my thoughts about that.
To get more people excited I think there are a few battles where to focus:

It just works (decent enough)
People expect that basic things just work out of the box. And as I claim the biggest drawback in PP/PPP is battery life. Easy fix would be to increase battery size.

User experience in mobile
Ubuntu Touch is only OS who have opportunity to fight against Apple or Android in that out of the box (it is not stable enough with PP/PPP but still that is my statement) - all other options are niche and actual wins are taken elsewhere
The evolution in this has been huge and I personally love Phosh at the moment but my not so tech orientated wife hates it.

User experience with external display
Best winning argument for PPP (and little bit for PP) - there are no actual competition for this. With Phosh this is usable now.

Familiar apps
Some of them are never going to happen but at least we are pretty damn close on familiar apps as "linux desktop users"
This is also one killer feature and huge benefit to linux mobile.

Free as in freedom
The opportunity to do absolutely whatever you want - it's yours

Inside this community we might want some new features (I want them too) but to be honest we actually need bigger community behind us.
Most of the world have never ever heard about Pine64, PP, PPP or linux mobile never ever before.
I really don't care how many people use same device as I but would love to see linux mobile devices also in the future.
Another topic is it worth growing this how big because all of this will disappear when this becomes too popular xD

Messages In This Thread
RE: next pinephone model, maybe "pinephone handheld". - by alaraajavamma - 05-24-2023, 04:06 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pinephone pro replacement lcd screen Linuxuser3 0 37 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Linuxuser3
Question Pinephone Pro for a Debian user? primesocial 2 215 04-15-2024, 03:01 AM
Last Post: zetabeta
  PinePhone Pro silver lining, it’s fast, real damn fast ashoka232 0 525 03-20-2024, 01:45 AM
Last Post: ashoka232
  PinePhone Pro Black Screen CrimsenRaven 2 408 03-16-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: tmoj
  PinePhone Pro Review tmoj 2 718 03-14-2024, 07:14 AM
Last Post: tmoj
  Can't boot Pinephone Pro into Factory Test Build for Hardware Checking jydoxcen 3 751 02-17-2024, 04:04 AM
Last Post: fxc
Question Phone call with the pinephone pro dfs 5 4,304 02-10-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Average Joe review of Pinephone Pro (March 2023) alaraajavamma 6 10,385 01-06-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: mikehenson
Question T-Mobile and Pinephone Pro in the US jydoxcen 4 875 01-02-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: mikehenson
  Pinephone Pro Screen Protector jydoxcen 11 1,489 12-21-2023, 07:58 AM
Last Post: zetabeta