External Touchscreen via DP-Alt Mode
Hi,
I am trying to connect my thinkvision m14t touchscreen to the rockpro64. For the life of me, I can't get it to work.
Here is what i did:

I connected the screen to an external usb-c power source. Then connected to the rock. The wacom input source is recognized (until the screen goes into standby), but no Display is detected.

I tried

- Armbian
- Debian
- Manjaro generic
- Manjaro rockpro64 (gitlab)
- Manjaro with the old 5.7 Kernel for the pinebook pro (link) (this Kernel specifically has a patch to make DP-Alt mode work, and boots just fine on the rockpro64)
- Manjaro pinebook-pro image does not seem to boot.

I also flipped the usb-c wire multiple times.

What actually worked:
A mysterious wire from club3d (bi-directional usb-c to hdmi) actually gave the me video output from the rocks hdmi port. However, the screen needs an additional power source from its other usb-c port. The rock can't provide enough power from usb. So there was no way to make the wacom input available.

What i am thinking to do:
- Can i inject external power into an usb-c wire to power the rock and connect it to the rock at the same time? I already tried to do this with an usb-c dongle connected to the rock, which has external power. (Power is passed on, but no wacom input recognized by rock)
- Could i use a PCI- thunderbolt like the Gigabyte GC-TITAN Ridge to power and connect everything with a single usb-c wire? (I have a feeling the gpu won't send the video to the card, if the card were even to be supportet)

I also bought a Pinebook Pro. I thought i read about someone having connected the thinkvision m14t to it. But i could not get it to work either (tried many distros)

Thanks for any Info on this.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NAS Setup: Hdds PSU external power option Robotik 1 1,733 07-18-2022, 10:10 PM
Last Post: zer0sig
  How to add an external power button? foresto 6 9,134 02-05-2021, 10:38 PM
Last Post: foresto
  NAS mods: external serial port and power button foresto 4 6,557 10-04-2020, 11:21 PM
Last Post: zer0sig
  USB 15+-inch touchscreen monitors Splinter 0 1,628 09-26-2020, 05:23 AM
Last Post: Splinter
  Make SD Card to read-only mode rahulsharma 1 2,162 11-04-2019, 11:42 AM
Last Post: Nikolay_Po
  External USB camera with android saviod 0 1,678 07-15-2019, 08:29 AM
Last Post: saviod
  GPIO in sleep mode Mentaluproar 2 3,377 04-08-2019, 03:50 PM
Last Post: Mentaluproar
  Touchscreen FancyPBJ 6 8,604 12-10-2018, 06:10 AM
Last Post: qux