SXMO
What is the best distro to run SXMO on Pipephone Pro?
(02-16-2023, 07:44 PM)pinephonepromobian Wrote: What is the best distro to run SXMO on Pipephone Pro?

How long is a piece of string? Big Grin 

AFAIK you have 3 choices - Arch, Mobian & postmarketOS. My choice is Arch - I am comfortable with pacman and believe there is a bigger repository of applications (especially with AUR) than pmOS. And I grew out of Mobian as found it too prescriptive.

As I write it may be that Arch is the only 1 of 3 that does not support PPP camera "out of the box" - doesn't affect me though as I have found sxmo runs just fine on my PP and so my PPP is in mothballs for the moment!
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Btrfs Image for Arch SXMO on the Pinephone Pro mburns 2 742 11-23-2023, 08:44 AM
Last Post: mburns
  Arch SXMO Stopped Booting After A Megi Linux Update. mburns 0 415 11-07-2023, 09:52 AM
Last Post: mburns
  Best SXMO experience on PPP getpoked 2 1,610 02-15-2022, 04:35 PM
Last Post: TheBlindEarthican