Audio in Calls no longer functioning
When I first installed Ubuntu Touch many moons ago, the voice in calls was just fine. I really don't use the phones for calls, but I got a call the other day, and noticed then that was no no audio at all.

Upon further testing, I see now there is no audio at all coming to, or being sent from the phone.

Anyone know what has happened?
Hello!

I am sorry to say but today you have three options:
1. Jump in and start to develop Ubuntu Touch to Pinephone Smile
2. Change OS. There are more users, developers aka. "support" for Mobian, Arch, PMOS or Manjaro (and the OS'es are more mature)
3. Change phone to something else because Ubuntu Touch is working great with some other phones

There is not happening anything to Ubuntu Touch before they have moved things to 20.04 (regarding to Pinephone - Halium based devices are being developed)
(11-16-2022, 03:14 PM)alaraajavamma Wrote: Hello!

2. Change OS. There are more users, developers aka. "support" for Mobian, Arch, PMOS or Manjaro (and the OS'es are more mature)
3. Change phone to something else because Ubuntu Touch is working great with some other phones

There is not happening anything to Ubuntu Touch before they have moved things to 20.04 (regarding to Pinephone - Halium based devices are being developed)

If "nothing happening" to it, then how does the audio all of a sudden stop functioning?

PS: I also tried the stable version of Manjaro with Plasma today, and it is similar results. However, I could receive/hear audio when loud speaker was being used.
(11-16-2022, 03:18 PM)KNERD Wrote:

If "nothing happening" to it, then how does the audio all of a sudden stop functioning?

PS: I also tried the stable version of Manjaro with Plasma today, and it is similar results. However, I could receive/hear audio  when loud speaker was being used.

How often have you used your PP with Ubuntu Touch? Some things are really hard to notice if they don't happen that often.

Last time I tried sound did work very strangely. It was just a quick test for other user like year a go but if I remember correctly there was big problems with incoming calls when screen was locked. I don't remember does Ubuntu Touch handle suspend then (or now) but it might be related because that might make sense.

There are audio issues with other distros too - that is true. Unfortunately there are some variables what are really hard because they are carrier specific (Volte profiles etc.). But all main distros can handle audio and callaudio correctly when setups are good (fun thing is that sometimes when you install or remove some packages that might break your audio Big Grin).
(11-16-2022, 03:41 PM)alaraajavamma Wrote:
(11-16-2022, 03:18 PM)KNERD Wrote:

PS: I also tried the stable version of Manjaro with Plasma today, and it is similar results. However, I could receive/hear audio  when loud speaker was being used.

How often have you used your PP with Ubuntu Touch? Some things are really hard to notice if they don't happen that often.

Last time I tried sound did work very strangely. It was just a quick test for other user like year a go but if I remember correctly there was big problems with incoming calls when screen was locked. I don't remember does Ubuntu Touch handle suspend then (or now) but it might be related because that might make sense.

There are audio issues with other distros too - that is true. Unfortunately there are some variables what are really hard because they are carrier specific (Volte profiles etc.). But all main distros can handle audio and callaudio correctly when setups are good (fun thing is that sometimes when you install or remove some packages that might break your audio Big Grin).

I really have not used it for talking, but mainly for data.  It's been a long while since I did any talking on it, but the last time I did, it was working out better than I though it would.

I was thinking the suspend, or deep sleep caused an issue so I did a reboot on the phone then immediately did a test call. If you let the phone sit for too long , it will go into a deep sleep and most often you cannot wake it so you have to either press the power button for a few seconds, or remove the battery for it to respond again.

The carrier I am using it for is not using VoLTE right now as I sometimes I am still seeing the 3G icon appear. I don't recall if there is a VoLTE icon.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Making phone calls PinePhoneCoder 7 9,904 03-23-2021, 06:33 AM
Last Post: israel
  No calls GloriousCoffee 7 7,549 08-21-2020, 07:34 AM
Last Post: Hobgoblin
  File transfer mode no longer working? Zweitaktmotor 0 2,036 08-15-2020, 07:31 AM
Last Post: Zweitaktmotor
  Background audio BoostCookie 1 2,886 07-07-2020, 09:45 AM
Last Post: dflag84
  Problems with Phone Calls TitanToast 0 2,007 06-25-2020, 11:31 AM
Last Post: TitanToast
  Backing up phone calls and SMS? Zweitaktmotor 0 1,915 06-21-2020, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Zweitaktmotor
  Audio is not working DrewTechs 0 2,301 05-05-2020, 01:05 PM
Last Post: DrewTechs