New guy... Need some help...
This same garbage happened to me after I attempted to update stock, just burn a new image on a SD card and pop it in and start it, and it should boot. But I tried downloading a latest image PBP edition from the Manjaro website and it successfully updated and I was able to use it for a month, then I tried updating a month later and this brick BS happened again. Manjaro has a crappy standard regarding this where they will tell you to backup everything before you update, and some Linux wizards on here will tell you something like I BEEN USING MANJARO FOR YEARS WITH NO PROBLEM! But their autism or pride prevents them from being reminded that you are not as experienced with managing a brick update normalized distro like Manjaro.

I never messed with the emmc, using SD Card seems to be working fine, probably better to find a working stable OS for PBP that works on SD Card before attempting the emmc juggling act.

I just tried Armbian but they seem to have a problem with their apt-update, but it is much more stable, you can even shut the lid on the PBP on it without bricking. Let me know what Distro you choose and how it goes, I am still looking, Armbian staff are not providing much support for their update error.

Also checkout my thread https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...pid=113854 discussion on my search for a more stable distro.

Messages In This Thread
New guy... Need some help... - by Coryoc - 10-22-2022, 06:41 AM
RE: New guy... Need some help... - by pineymousepad - 10-24-2022, 02:57 PM
RE: New guy... Need some help... - by tophneal - 10-25-2022, 08:01 AM