fdroid
fdroid is all I need to make my pp my daily driver. Is there any way to install it?
(10-05-2022, 08:47 AM)rvh Wrote: fdroid is all I need to make my pp my daily driver. Is there any way to install it?

F-Droid is an apt repository for Android phones. So, it would only work if you installed Android on the PinePhone, or awkward compatibility layers like Waydroid that destroy PinePhone battery life.
ok thanks for the reply.
(10-05-2022, 08:47 AM)rvh Wrote: fdroid is all I need to make my pp my daily driver. Is there any way to install it?

What's the point of buying a smartphone under GNU Linux if you end up using Android?
(10-07-2022, 10:21 AM)anonymous Wrote:

What's the point of buying a smartphone under GNU Linux if you end up using Android?

Same reason people use linux on the desktop but sometimes run Windows software via Wine or fire up a virtual machine. Linux on phones has bigger functionality gaps to fill than desktop linux, so if anything the need is greater.
Exclamation 
(10-08-2022, 04:21 AM)wibble Wrote:
(10-07-2022, 10:21 AM)anonymous Wrote:

Same reason people use linux on the desktop but sometimes run Windows software via Wine or fire up a virtual machine. Linux on phones has bigger functionality gaps to fill than desktop linux, so if anything the need is greater.

I agree with you about the bigger gap but there's another gap: booting on another operating system or using it through a virtual machine is much more doable on a desktop computer than on a mobile phone for now, which leads to many Pinephone users who leave the Pinephone unused for months or even years whereas I rarely see such cases with desktop machines. In my humble opinion, you can't have the same expectations between desktop and mobile environments. As filling the gap in the latter might be more cumbersome and more expensive than in the former, I consider that people who plan to buy a Pinephone or any Linux based mobile phone should wonder themselves if this device really fits into their needs a lot more seriously than when buying a desktop computer.