Other Screen Options?
Hello!

I am enjoying playing around with my pine 64 boards but I have a qualm  with the screen they shipped. The touch is barely responsive, and the screen quality is absolutely terrible. If you look at it straight on, the whole screen is black. If you look at an angle you can get a little bit of picture correctly.

So, I'm looking to buy another lcd screen that will be compatible. Can someone point me toward other 3rd party screens that would be compatible with the pine 64? I'm not positive on the name of the connectors and such, making finding one myself pretty difficult.

Thanks in advance!
Some have gotten 720p screens with touch-panel via USB to work. But I don't know which panel it was or how they got it to work. You may want to seek out a user by the name of Prophesi and ask about it -- I will inquire on your behalf too.

[edit] <Prophesi> It's from Elo Touch, a digital signage thingy. 

You can catch Prophesi in the IRC
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(07-10-2016, 08:37 AM)Luke Wrote: Some have gotten 720p screens with touch-panel via USB to work. But I don't know which panel it was or how they got it to work. You may want to seek out a user by the name of Prophesi and ask about it -- I will inquire on your behalf too.

So this would be a screen that plugs in via usb? I'm ideally looking to use the same hookups that the screen that the one that shipped with it uses. Is that not an option?
(07-10-2016, 09:41 AM)kikootwo Wrote:
(07-10-2016, 08:37 AM)Luke Wrote: Some have gotten 720p screens with touch-panel via USB to work. But I don't know which panel it was or how they got it to work. You may want to seek out a user by the name of Prophesi and ask about it -- I will inquire on your behalf too.

So this would be a screen that plugs in via usb? I'm ideally looking to use the same hookups that the screen that the one that shipped with it uses. Is that not an option?

It's certainly a more difficult option to track down, I would have thought...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need Sollution : Screen Problem and says the Error "Out of Range" on the display hunterzonecss 2 3,965 04-19-2019, 08:26 AM
Last Post: psychedup
  lcd touch screen and hdmi output moreaujacky 2 4,925 10-24-2018, 07:24 AM
Last Post: lisanke
  TV Screen Edge woes: 2 Fixes NexusDude 10 37,979 09-05-2016, 03:09 PM
Last Post: Toriless
  7" Screen abasel 2 4,355 07-27-2016, 06:43 AM
Last Post: Ghost
  screen recorder help Shady2tree 2 4,259 03-30-2016, 09:38 AM
Last Post: Shady2tree