Was 4K a Lie?
That's because the hardware is essentially at the point that it's usable. Just don't think you get it, do you complain to Intel about there chip not out putting 4k? Duo you complain to Asus that there board doesn't come with Windows fully installed and ready to go? Do you complain that an arduino isn't plug and play compatible with an i2c anything? No, no you don't, because it isn't there job to do any of that. Don't you get it? Pine sold you a single board computer capable of doing xyz, and it is. If your incapable off getting it to do xyz, then be patient and wait and leech of the community, honestly we don't mind for the most part, that is until you complain that someone is not doing it for you fast enough.

I just don't get what part of this you don't understand. Your not a person who calls Dell because there internet ready laptop can't get on the internet, so the "technician" had to explain you need an ISP, AND that Dell doesn't supply it for you, right? If you buy a raspberry pi, and install ChromeOS do you complain to the raspberry pi foundation it doesn't do done thing the pi does? No, because they aren't the purple responsible for porting chrome os to the pi. I don't understand what you don't get.... You were sold hardware, your hardware has capabilities... You can access them yourself write the code....

Furthermore, SBC's are fundamentally development boards, they haven't been around all that long and any first generation anything is fundamentally in development, heck windows 8 was one big beta AND so was ME and the kicker is Microsoft has basically admitted to it. But you don't call Microsoft to upgrade your computer. You don't call the company that made your computer, our companies if by chance you built it yourself to upgrade Windows. These things are simply NOT one in the same, even if you use Apple products, you don't complain to the software department about hardware and vise versa.

The only place I will agree that pine exaggerated a bit is when they called it a 15 dollar super computer. My assumption here is they were pointing out that they can be setup in an array BUT the array would need more than one to be a super competing cluster and thus more than 15 dollars.

If you don't understand hardware vs. Software after all this I can't explain it.... If you don't understand how claims of the hardwares ability, doesn't mean they lie when you don't have the software to utilize the hardware. Chances are there is a version of Android in there office that works at 4k but isn't stable so instead of putting out a copy of Android that would be buggy they have held back. They are offering you a ported version of Android that functions, no where when I purchased my pine or the other pines after that did it day anywhere they were giving me software to make the pine do ANYTHING. They simply sold me a piece of hardware, I then installed software and utilized the hardware. It isn't more pain then that, it's just not.

(07-13-2016, 03:01 AM)lenny.raposo-pine64.pro Wrote: If you look at the Raspberry Pi it was the same thing. They did take  awhile to get to where they are now (things got interesting with Pi2 and more solidified).

If you do look at the software releases regarding the Pine64 you will notice that they mark them as Beta at this point. Eventually everything will become stable.

On The Linux side with the BSP kernel we are missing 3D acceleration but everything else is pretty stable (these things run great as web servers and light desktop systems but when 3D Acceleration lands it will be great as media center OS too).

Remix OS needs a little time to iron out a few bugs and some optimization (build iin more out of the box drivers support for various usb peripherals and fix the slow ethernet bug which has been identified and fixed on the Linux side of things and can be used for Remix Development).

Android has seen great improvement since the beginning (we have had 5 versions thus far and we are currently on version 6 also known as Beta 2).

These bugs will be ironed out soon enough it's just a matter of having a little patience. Read up on Pi history and you will see that the Pine is progressing/maturing at quite an impressive pace.

It's also worth pointing out that Lenny is one of those guys who is working very hard to get things were want them.  In muy opinion guys like him and longsleep are driving a great deal of the development because they simply want the project to succeed for the most part and aren't thanked enough so, for all you do Lenny, thank you

I wish the world could understand your hard work and dedication to a project that so many benefit from and many never know whom is responsible.  I do know, and I thank you.
Little beats big when little is smart. First with the head, then with the heart.  P.K. ~Power of One~

Messages In This Thread
Was 4K a Lie? - by kikootwo - 07-08-2016, 07:30 PM
RE: Was 4K a Lie? - by lenny.raposo-pine64.pro - 07-08-2016, 08:11 PM
RE: Was 4K a Lie? - by MarkHaysHarris777 - 07-08-2016, 08:20 PM
RE: Was 4K a Lie? - by lenny.raposo-pine64.pro - 07-08-2016, 09:39 PM
RE: Was 4K a Lie? - by dkryder - 07-09-2016, 07:21 AM
RE: Was 4K a Lie? - by yusijs - 07-09-2016, 10:06 AM
RE: Was 4K a Lie? - by Toriless - 07-16-2016, 03:24 AM
RE: Was 4K a Lie? - by MrWizerd - 07-13-2016, 12:20 AM
RE: Was 4K a Lie? - by dkryder - 07-13-2016, 02:42 AM
RE: Was 4K a Lie? - by lenny.raposo-pine64.pro - 07-13-2016, 03:01 AM
RE: Was 4K a Lie? - by MrWizerd - 07-13-2016, 03:15 AM