Was 4K a Lie?
Again, this is not a lie, nor misrepresentation, or shady. The Hardware you were sold is perfectly capable of playing 4k video, at 4k resolutions to a 4k screen. The software that you were NOT sold, that runs on the boards, has not gotten to that functionality level. The board was sold to you as capable, this is not a lie. The software that google has provided you for FREE is also capable. You are more than welcome to write the functionality into the FREE opensource software that is not SOLD to you by the company that created the pine64 development board, that you backed/ordered, and then you will get the functionality you desire. Has someone else done this work for you yet? No. Is this "shady, a lie, or misrepresentation? Absolutely not! You were sold a development board, that is what they call beta hardware in the hardware world, They told you the boards capability and what operating systems it could run. None of this was false advertisement its just the ins and outs of dev boards.

If you want to sit around and wait to have someone else polish one or more of the different operating systems you wish to run, with the functionality you wish to have, please quietly be patient. If you want to help and contribute but do not know how to code, then beta test the software on this development board, and put in bug reports to assist those who are working on what YOU want, AND THEN providing it to the community with NO REQUEST FOR COMPENSATION! That is one of the biggest things I don't think all these complainers understand, these operating systems are mostly being worked on by people at there homes in there spare time, NOT as a job. Yes I believe that Android is being worked on by the company that created the Pine64, but they are also getting help from normal Joes that are doing it for free in there free time.

I don't understand why people do not understand this, I did when I first looked at the Kickstarter, I was 100% aware of what I was getting into, up to and including NOTHING, that is absolutely nothing, this whole campaign could have flopped and my money would have vaporized and I was aware of that. Instead I received a pretty well polished development board faster than any other Kickstart campaign reward, from any other campaign I have EVER been a part of. I have gone on to back a similar intel x86 based board with equal expectations, though I backed that one to the tune of 650 dollars, and ALL that money can equally disappear with nothing to show for it. That is the nature of Kickstarter, that said, they have delivered the hardware. Please give them time to deliver the particular flavor of the android software you wish to run. Understand that it is not all on them either, part of the problem was with allwinner and there not publishing there code as they were legally responsible to do. Not to the people at Pine, but to the whole world at large. Understand that in these development boards that there will be delays and bugs, and THATS JUST in the hardware, they are also working on the software to run on it, and that is a huge undertaking. People compare this stuff to the RaspberryPi and they don't realize that in the beginning of the Pi, they had these similar issues, and the reason there are so many polished software applications for it is because the people who bought them wrote them. Not because the people at RaspberryPi association or whatever worked tooth and nail to deliver software for the board for every flavor of whatever software that people wanted. It's first off not feasible. Microsoft for instance writes OS software for PC computers, while they do have some hardware they develop you don't see a lot of intel or amd owned operating systems do you?

Simply put, be patient your asking for the moon and you may not realize it because you may not understand the nature of development boards or beta programs.
Little beats big when little is smart. First with the head, then with the heart.  P.K. ~Power of One~

Messages In This Thread
Was 4K a Lie? - by kikootwo - 07-08-2016, 07:30 PM
RE: Was 4K a Lie? - by lenny.raposo-pine64.pro - 07-08-2016, 08:11 PM
RE: Was 4K a Lie? - by MarkHaysHarris777 - 07-08-2016, 08:20 PM
RE: Was 4K a Lie? - by lenny.raposo-pine64.pro - 07-08-2016, 09:39 PM
RE: Was 4K a Lie? - by dkryder - 07-09-2016, 07:21 AM
RE: Was 4K a Lie? - by yusijs - 07-09-2016, 10:06 AM
RE: Was 4K a Lie? - by Toriless - 07-16-2016, 03:24 AM
RE: Was 4K a Lie? - by MrWizerd - 07-13-2016, 12:20 AM
RE: Was 4K a Lie? - by dkryder - 07-13-2016, 02:42 AM
RE: Was 4K a Lie? - by lenny.raposo-pine64.pro - 07-13-2016, 03:01 AM
RE: Was 4K a Lie? - by MrWizerd - 07-13-2016, 03:15 AM