how to enable /dev/mtd0 ? (towboot)
I'm attempting to install nixos, which requires towboot.  Normal method to install towboot is to dd to an SD card and boot, but that doesn't work for me, or other folks. 

Workaround is to copy towboot to /dev/mtd0 with nandwrite.  I installed nandwrite, but /dev/mtd0 is not visible in my /dev folder. 

I pretty much have the default debian that came with the PBP.  How can I enable /dev/mtd0?  Is there another way to get towboot installed?
Does the stock debian kernel have `CONFIG_MTD` enabled? The Manjaro kernel does, `/dev/mtd` should always be visible in Manjaro.
(06-12-2022, 12:30 PM)bburdette Wrote: I'm attempting to install nixos, which requires towboot.  Normal method to install towboot is to dd to an SD card and boot, but that doesn't work for me, or other folks. 

Workaround is to copy towboot to /dev/mtd0 with nandwrite.  I installed nandwrite, but /dev/mtd0 is not visible in my /dev folder. 

I pretty much have the default debian that came with the PBP.  How can I enable /dev/mtd0?  Is there another way to get towboot installed?

Towboot offers (recommends) the spi.installer.img, which you burn to an SD card and boot. From there, it gives you the option to burn towboot to the SPI (or erase the SPI if you want to erase it later). Very simple. Worked well for me. No additional tools required.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to enable boot logs on PBP maldus 2 2,971 03-14-2020, 07:42 PM
Last Post: rleasle