sudo NOPASSWD not working
Question 
I have added this line to the sudoers config:

Code:
user ALL=(ALL:ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL

(yes, the username of my user is just "user")

— but it still requires me to enter password. Bloody annoying. What is wrong with that config? Is there something else that needs to be done to enable no-password sudo on Pro?
If you added the line to /etc/sudoers be sure that you placed it at the end of the file not at the beginning.  I *think* it should go after the line which says @includedir /etc/sudoers.d.  The reason for this is that the file is processed sequentially which means that something later in the file could override your change.

Additionally, I *think* the syntax you've used is for groups not individual users.  Try
Code:
user ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL

Also, be sure to edit the /etc/sudoers file using only visudo.  Funky things can/will happen if you use something else.

Caveat: I try really really hard to never leave such a huge yawning security opening as this, so I haven't tried any of the above.  I.e., ymmv.  Hopefully something here is helpful for you, though.

Ulp...my reply got lost.  Here's what I can remember of it.

Do your editing at the very end of /etc/sudoers.  I think you want to put it after the line that includes stuff from sudoers.d.  The reason for that is because the file is processed sequentially so if you do stuff at the beginning of that file it *could* get overridden by lines later in the file or in the included file(s).

Only use visudo to edit /etc/sudoers.  Funky stuff can/will happen if you use some other editor.

Your syntax might be wrong.  I think your syntax is for a group not an individual user.  Try this
Code:
user ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL

Obligatory warnings...I wouldn't do this because it leaves a huge security opening.  So I haven't tried any of the above.  Consequentially ymmv.

I hope something here is helpful for you.

rz
Try adding

Defaults:USER_NAME !authenticate

Instead of

user ALL=(ALL:ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL

I got this from:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Sudo
Moving the line to the very bottom of the file (after "[at]includedir /etc/sudoers.d") did the trick!
Thanks to arzach!
I'll try one more time to post a reply...two previous attempts have been dumpstered by the forum for reasons unknown

Use visudo to edit /etc/sudoers.  Add your change at the very end of the file.  The syntax looks wrong to me...try user ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD:ALL
(03-05-2022, 09:02 PM)arzach Wrote: I'll try one more time to post a reply...two previous attempts have been dumpstered by the forum for reasons unknown

Hi arzach ... it's a bug in the forum that got me a couple times too.  For some reason you can't use the "at" symbol in a post.  Just edit your posts, and remove any "at" symbols, and the post will magically reappear.
***   Don't be a minion in the (i)droid army   ***
(03-06-2022, 11:47 AM)Fred Zyphal Wrote:
(03-05-2022, 09:02 PM)arzach Wrote: I'll try one more time to post a reply...two previous attempts have been dumpstered by the forum for reasons unknown

Hi arzach ... it's a bug in the forum that got me a couple times too.  For some reason you can't use the "at" symbol in a post.  Just edit your posts, and remove any "at" symbols, and the post will magically reappear.

Ah...thanks!

My short, successful reply above is probably better than the failed ones...so I'll just leave 'em hidden Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Back/World camera working after suspend DrYak 2 789 11-14-2023, 09:44 AM
Last Post: DrYak
  Netfilter not working on latest manjaro kernel robocone 1 1,129 12-29-2022, 09:11 PM
Last Post: robocone
  Monjaro Plasma Cell Network and Data not working properly maiyuzhe 2 1,513 09-24-2022, 12:15 AM
Last Post: maiyuzhe
  Manjaro 5.17.5-1 Keyboard stopped working Yst 7 3,747 06-09-2022, 11:12 AM
Last Post: graphicpanda444
  Plasma Mobile navigation bar scaling is not working Yst 0 790 05-09-2022, 05:10 AM
Last Post: Yst
  Convergence Working on PPP? joshndroid 3 2,365 04-27-2022, 01:30 PM
Last Post: TheBlindEarthican
  tow-boot: suspend stopped working maltee 3 2,138 03-30-2022, 10:43 AM
Last Post: brb78
  Keyboard stopped working -- big problem tckosvic 15 7,128 02-06-2022, 02:04 PM
Last Post: Emilio
  Guide: Recovering from not being able to boot to eMMC or working sdcard Ulfnic 2 2,448 02-02-2022, 10:29 PM
Last Post: bcnaz