How do I switch users?
I created a new user through Settings > Users, but I can't find a way to switch from the default "manjaro" user to my new one. It feels silly that I can't find it, but how do I switch users?
I have this exact same question. What good is being able to create users if I can't switch to them?
i have found this 
Quote:Is up to you, but make sure you add that user to the proper groups and then modify the /usr/share/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d/60-lightdm-autologin.conf and replace the line autologin-user=manjaro
with your user
but i don't have    /usr/share/lightdm

ezik
I have created the user and installed lightdm, without problems. But it is not functional because you need a keyboard to be able to write the username and password.

does anyone know how to invoke the mobian on-screen keyboard for lightdm? with that it would work.

Sorry but I don't speak English, I use a translator.
I got it using gdm3
First you register a new user from the console with the command: (change diego for your name)

sudo adduser diego

Install gdm3 this is the process
first update the repositories using:

sudo apt update

then we install gdm3

sudo apt install gdm3

It is not necessary to restart, and do not despair that it takes a little while for the gdm3 screen to appear, but it appears as you can see in the images above.

when you get the gdm3 screen you will see the two users:
the touch screen works normally. You select the new user (if not, it's not funny)

important in bottom gear select phosh environment

and to make the keyboard appear you drag from bottom to top.
and enjoy the new user.

=========================

I have found a small bug in the use of gdm3. When you start the phone, you barely have time to see the gdm3 screen.

The solution I have found right now is the following:
You enter with the default user, the first on your list. In my case it is mobian as you can see in the first photo that I have passed.

When you are with that user you go to a command console and use the following command:

sudo systemctl restart gdm3

and it is fixed until the next reboot of the phone.

You can exit and change users as many times as you want, gdm3 will only fail when starting the phone. but we already have a solution.

Enjoy whoever wants to use it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Switch to xfce? jakfish 5 1,590 06-22-2023, 01:37 PM
Last Post: jakfish
  MMS workaround for users with separate APN (works atleast on Manjaro Phosh) alaraajavamma 0 1,010 10-10-2022, 12:53 PM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
  switch stable or dev release? Uturn 3 1,896 07-17-2022, 01:38 AM
Last Post: shulamy
  A Way to Switch from KDE Plasma to Phosh Without a Reinstall? Old_Mil 1 2,232 07-09-2021, 08:29 PM
Last Post: TRS-80