a single APN for web, sms and mms
My carrier must define a single APN for the web, sms and mms, which is why I have to configure my APN directly without going through "settings" etc

With arch phosh, where are the APN configuration files to directly edit the file for a new or delete the old APN
On Mobian/Phosh in settings > Mobile Network > Access Point Names ' + '
you must add the new info. - click the + icon.

When you attempt to edit one of the existing APN's it always reverts back to its default.

I think the Arch Phosh is about the same in the settings app. as Mobian.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(01-25-2022, 06:16 PM)bcnaz Wrote: On Mobian/Phosh  in settings >  Mobile Network > Access Point Names  ' + '
you must add the new info.  -  click the  +  icon.

When you attempt to edit one of the existing APN's  it always reverts back to its default.

I think the Arch Phosh is about the same in the settings app. as Mobian.

I’m sorry but the graphical interface does not allow me to enter all the parameters of my APN

1 Press the + to add a APN,

2 In "Name", enter "Mobile Post"
3 In "APN", enter "sl2sfr"
4 In "APN Type", select default, mms, supl and dun,
5 In MMSC, enter "http://mmsdebitel";
6 In MMS Proxy, enter "10.143.156.003"
7 In MMS Port, enter "8080"
this is why I would like to know which is the text file that contains the configuration to be completed
You can find and edit the configuration files in /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/
(01-27-2022, 02:21 AM)kqlnut Wrote: You can find and edit the configuration files in /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/
I thank you for the information but in fact the problem comes from this my carrier requires that 2 APN be activated simultaneously one for internet access and the other for MMS. It seems that this is not possible for the moment with the pinephone: impossibility hardware or software? I do not know if it can evolve and where I can go on the forum to find out.
(02-01-2022, 01:09 AM)oihantto64 Wrote: I thank you for the information but in fact the problem comes from this my carrier requires that 2 APN be activated simultaneously one for internet access and the other for MMS. It seems that this is not possible for the moment with the pinephone: impossibility hardware or software? I do not know if it can evolve and where I can go on the forum to find out.

It's not a hardware limitation, but it seems like support for this use case is not yet implemented and development is slow because not everybody has this scenario where they could develop and test appropriately. See this bug report. Maybe you could even help out.
You can also check out chatty's preferences for entering APN details for MMS.
(02-01-2022, 06:09 AM)kqlnut Wrote:
(02-01-2022, 01:09 AM)oihantto64 Wrote: I thank you for the information but in fact the problem comes from this my carrier requires that 2 APN be activated simultaneously one for internet access and the other for MMS. It seems that this is not possible for the moment with the pinephone: impossibility hardware or software? I do not know if it can evolve and where I can go on the forum to find out.

It's not a hardware limitation, but it seems like support for this use case is not yet implemented and development is slow because not everybody has this scenario where they could develop and test appropriately. See this bug report. Maybe you could even help out.
On the forums of "La Poste Mobile", I read that it was possible to set a single APN for the web and mms. I can then send myself an MMS with a text file. I receive the mms with the indication that a text file is attached but I cannot see it. I have Chatty 0.6 beta with kernel 16.7.4.1-dantcnix. What can I do to help?
(02-02-2022, 01:50 AM)oihantto64 Wrote:
(02-01-2022, 06:09 AM)kqlnut Wrote:

On the forums of "La Poste Mobile", I read that it was possible to set a single APN for the web and mms. I can then send myself an MMS with a text file. I receive the mms with the indication that a text file is attached but I cannot see it. I have Chatty 0.6 beta with kernel 16.7.4.1-dantcnix. What can I do to help?
sending and receiving MMS did not work simply because I was trying to send an unrecognized file (text), but it works with an image, I still have to try with a video.
Thumbs Up 
To avoid the need for 2 APN, I kept the one that allowed me to have access to the internet and I deleted the other one (the one that allows to send MMS), then I set chatty as follows:
MMSC=that of the MMSAPN (the 2nd APN that I had deleted)
APN=web access
PROXY=that of the MMSAPN (the 2nd APN that I had deleted)
The information was given in the forum of my provider.
Today it works and I can send and receive MMS.  Rolleyes

For this to work, it is obviously necessary that access to mobile data is activated: be careful sometimes after a restart it remains checked when it is not.
I thank all the developers for their efforts and perseverance. Heart
(02-03-2022, 01:03 AM)oihantto64 Wrote: To avoid the need for 2 APN, I kept the one that allowed me to have access to the internet and I deleted the other one (the one that allows to send MMS), then I set chatty as follows:
MMSC=that of the MMSAPN (the 2nd APN that I had deleted)
APN=web access
PROXY=that of the MMSAPN (the 2nd APN that I had deleted)
The information was given in the forum of my provider.
Today it works and I can send and receive MMS.  Rolleyes

For this to work, it is obviously necessary that access to mobile data is activated: be careful sometimes after a restart it remains checked when it is not.
I thank all the developers for their efforts and perseverance. Heart

So for someone to use chatty, Both who are texting must be sign up for chatty correct?