PinePhone keyboard number key row issue - solution
The top number key row of the PinePhone keyboard is harder to press than the rest of the keys. By adding a 3D printed or paper shim to the keys however, you can fix this issue: https://avery.cafe/blog/a-quick-fix-for-...s-top-row/

I have 3D printed a couple hundred of these, enough for a few people. If anyone would like some, message me and I will send them free of charge in a envelope. I am from the US, so I can send them anywhere here, and I should be able to send them internationally as well, however I will have to first see if I can obtain international stamps.

I can make more of them later for just the cost of shipping (which is around $1-3 for the envelope + stamp) once I run out of this batch.

[Image: IMG_20220113_001751197.jpg?width=491&height=655]
I can send them internationally as well to all but a couple countries. I have 2 international stamps left.
That is super nice of you. My keyboard hasn't arrived yet so I'm still not sure if mine will have the issue, though it sounds like it's pretty likely that it will. So I may be taking you up on this soon.
(01-14-2022, 09:26 AM)kelbot Wrote: That is super nice of you.  My keyboard hasn't arrived yet so I'm still not sure if mine will have the issue, though it sounds like it's pretty likely that it will. So I may be taking you up on this soon.

Ah okay, well just so you know I used up my international stamps, so I will be charging $2 going forward to cover the cost. That said, if you're in the US I still have plenty of stamps to send them out at no cost. Just send me a message.
My keyboard arrived and I'd love to take you up on those 3D printed rings. I'm in the US>
Just got my keyboard today and same issue. This is very cool of you, PM sent and thank you!

Even with the top row issue i'm impressed by the keyboard quality.
My keyboard also arrived today and I would also be very interested in the printed rings, happy to pay! I'll DM once I'm able, I think I need to be approved first as this is my first post.
(01-22-2022, 08:29 AM)jk_na Wrote: My keyboard also arrived today and I would also be very interested in the printed rings, happy to pay!  I'll DM once I'm able, I think I need to be approved first as this is my first post.

My account seems to be disallowed from sending private messages for some reason, @33YN2  is it possible that you might send me a PM and I'll (hopefully) reply with my details?
(01-25-2022, 02:23 AM)jk_na Wrote:
(01-22-2022, 08:29 AM)jk_na Wrote: My keyboard also arrived today and I would also be very interested in the printed rings, happy to pay!  I'll DM once I'm able, I think I need to be approved first as this is my first post.

My account seems to be disallowed from sending private messages for some reason, @33YN2  is it possible that you might send me a PM and I'll (hopefully) reply with my details?

There is something about an approved post or something,  since your post is still standing, you probably CAN  P.M.  NOW,

Welcome to the Pine Forum
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(01-25-2022, 04:09 AM)bcnaz Wrote:
(01-25-2022, 02:23 AM)jk_na Wrote:

There is something about an approved post or something,  since your post is still standing, you probably CAN  P.M.  NOW,

Welcome to the Pine Forum

Thanks for the welcome, sadly I can't PM yet.  Any time I click on a profile or on the Private Messages link at the top of the page I get the page telling my account might need activation or moderation, when I try to do so it says I don't need to.

**Apologies! I don't wish to hijack the thread with my issue**

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Case for Pinephone totilele 13 7,178 04-11-2024, 11:48 AM
Last Post: gramonyl
  keyboard case charging but not typing new2pinephone 18 5,739 02-19-2024, 07:30 AM
Last Post: theResonant
  Keyboard doesn't charge my phone no matter what, so can I charge my phone directly ragreenburg 3 8,312 01-14-2024, 03:34 PM
Last Post: acid andy
  PinePhone Dock with laptop? Mikey1977Y2J 2 631 12-12-2023, 05:43 PM
Last Post: Mikey1977Y2J
  I've added an I2C connector to the PP keyboard eugenr 0 423 11-26-2023, 07:24 AM
Last Post: eugenr
  Update the PinePhone keyboard driver to support missing characters? Peter Gamma 8 8,152 10-22-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  key repeat with pinephone keyboard rotwang 0 449 10-22-2023, 03:39 PM
Last Post: rotwang
Exclamation USB mouse isn't working when a PP keyboard is attached? mikeb 3 1,230 10-21-2023, 08:21 PM
  Pinephone with mini keyboard, trackpad and large power bank? Peter Gamma 0 513 10-21-2023, 07:50 AM
  Which mini keyboard and mouse to choose for the PP? Peter Gamma 0 615 10-21-2023, 02:55 AM