Ripped off?
Hello

I got the Pine64 back in August 2021. I’ve been trying to get it to work ever since. I’ve tried three or four OS on it with the same results. I can’t log into anything. 

Finally almost for Firefox to work, but I can see a tiny bit of the page. Any menu items show the first few charactors. Laying the phone on it’s side opens up the menus some, but the keyboard blocks all the page.

Tried to setup the chat. Nope. Says log in failed even though it’s the same login I’ve always used. It also won’t let me change the protocol to test that.

Any apps I try to download won’t connect or work. 

It is so slow. When you tap a button there is about a 10-15 second delay before it works, if it works. You have no idea till finally several pop up and it crashes.

I’ve had it connected to WiFi only to test it. The back gets hot. Each time I test it, it will crash a couple times and I have to pull the battery at least once to reset it.

I really want to use this phone. So far the only use I’ve found for it is a paper weight and dust collector. If anyone has any ideas how to get it working, I’m open to suggestions.
All I can suggest is keep trying more different Linux distributions because there are lots available and they're quite different to one another.

When you say you can't log in to anything, what actually happens? Is it saying your password is wrong or are you just getting a blank page (connection timeout)?

If it says your password is wrong, it could be an issue with the onscreen keyboard. Try writing your password out in a text file and copy and paste it into the password box.

Good luck.
What distro did you exactly use?
And did you update it regularly since August 2021?

Also, did you use Plasma Mobile by any chance?
Because that one is simply a glitchfest and therefore not recommended to be used as a daily driver.

PINE64 is partnered with Manjaro and KDE, so they pre-install Manjaro with Plamo by default.
It does help with boosting development of both of them, but while Manjaro is making excellent progress, KDE is seemingly still doing baby steps and putting priority on the desktop which is already rock solid.
And once 1 gear stops spinning, the whole clock stops working.
母語は日本語ですが、英語も喋れます(ry