RaZberry Module (z-wave) need support to get it working!
hi,
i have a Razberry (http://razberry.z-wave.me)

Update:
What I did so far:
It should be accessible under /dev/ttyS2
I add the tty and dialout grp (don't sure which one was right) to the ubuntu user.

UPDATE2:
and it is working Big Grin
Which interfaces does it use?
Come have a chat in the Pine IRC channel >>
(06-25-2016, 12:40 PM)Luxus Wrote: hi,
i have a Razberry (http://razberry.z-wave.me)
before i start trying.. do anyone know if its works?

As my understanding, Razberry module has its own ZWave stack which is not the original Sigma Designs ZWave stack. BTW, the hardware is the same and can plug into Pine A64, but the Razberry team needs to port their driver over to work with their own stack.
okay.. so the z-way-server of the razberry team will not work easily..
whats about open-z-wave? i'm able to access my razberry on my rpi2 via open-z-wave as well.. should this work?
(06-26-2016, 03:25 AM)Luxus Wrote: okay.. so  the z-way-server of the razberry team will not work easily..
whats about open-z-wave? i'm able to access my razberry on my rpi2 via open-z-wave as well.. should this work?

As my understand, open-wave may work. However, i am too busy on other activities and not time to try out. Please check out, if works, lets us know.
So i installed ubuntu
Put the razberry module on the rpi2 connector and It light up on start.
But maybe its a stupid question.. But whats the device name (under raspbian its /dev/ttyAMA0)?
(06-27-2016, 05:47 PM)Luxus Wrote: So i installed ubuntu
Put the razberry module on the rpi2 connector and It light up on start.
But maybe its a stupid question.. But whats the device name (under raspbian its /dev/ttyAMA0)?

may be same, the communication is UART.
So I'm still confused..
Here is a screenshot of my /dev
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tolzoxm7k1zrt5...0.png?dl=0
I don't see anything that looks like the razberry

Could it be ttyS0 or tty0 ?
Should I remove this line /boot/uEnv.txt?
console=tty0 console=ttyS0,115200n8 no_console_suspend

Update:
Code:
traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/openzwave-0.3.1-py3.5.egg/openzwave/option.py", line 69, in __init__
    raise ZWaveException(u"Can't write to device %s : %s" % (device, traceback.format_exception(*sys.exc_info())))
openzwave.object.ZWaveException: "Zwave Generic Exception : Can't write to device /dev/tty0 : ['NoneType\\n']"

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/homeassistant/bootstrap.py", line 157, in _setup_component
    if not component.setup(hass, config):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/homeassistant/components/zwave.py", line 200, in setup
    default_zwave_config_path),)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/openzwave-0.3.1-py3.5.egg/openzwave/option.py", line 75, in __init__
    raise ZWaveException(u"Error when retrieving device %s : %s" % (device, traceback.format_exception(*sys.exc_info())))
openzwave.object.ZWaveException: 'Zwave Generic Exception : Error when retrieving device /dev/tty0 : [\'Traceback (most recent call last):\\n\', \'  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/openzwave-0.3.1-py3.5.egg/openzwave/option.py", line 69, in __init__\\n    raise ZWaveException(u"Can\\\'t write to device %s : %s" % (device, traceback.format_exception(*sys.exc_info())))\\n\', \'openzwave.object.ZWaveException: "Zwave Generic Exception : Can\\\'t write to device /dev/tty0 : [\\\'NoneType\\\\\\\\n\\\']"\\
Same error with ttyS0

What I else I did was
sudo usermod -a -G tty ubuntu
sudo usermod -a -G dialout ubuntu

Still not sure what I do wrong :/
The pine has multiple UART devices, in Linux they are /dev/ttyS0..../dev/ttySx . Please check which is the number on the connector you use, then find out what settings this UART needs to work with the software.

See here for the pinouts: http://files.pine64.org/doc/Pine%20A64%2...160119.pdf

you probably dont need to put anything in the uEnv.txt since the paramters should be configurable at runtime

you can check which UART device it is in linux if you connect the TXD/RXD pins (loopback-test) on the connector and check if you see echo characters in a terminal program like minicom
Come have a chat in the Pine IRC channel >>
(06-28-2016, 06:09 AM)xalius Wrote: The pine has multiple UART devices, in Linux they are /dev/ttyS0..../dev/ttySx . Please check which is the number on the connector you use, then find out what settings this UART needs to work with the software.

See here for the pinouts: http://files.pine64.org/doc/Pine%20A64%2...160119.pdf

you probably dont need to put anything in the uEnv.txt since the paramters should be configurable at runtime

you can check which UART device it is in linux if you connect the TXD/RXD pins (loopback-test) on the connector and check if you see echo characters in a terminal program like minicom

thanks for the answer..
With connecting txd/rxd u mean connect both with a cable to see if something happens?
Maybe you can join irc if you have time.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Z-Wave module pinout to make it compatible with Pi b+ ebretteville 59 82,652 07-12-2019, 08:55 AM
Last Post: kris240376
Question RGB LED Matrix support? foxnox 1 4,236 12-29-2017, 06:52 PM
Last Post: psychedup
Sad Z-Wave and openzwave+node-openzwave-shared saro 2 6,197 09-01-2017, 05:22 AM
Last Post: saro
Question Is SPI Working? User 3332 64 95,506 08-12-2017, 03:14 PM
Last Post: louwie17
  Z-Wave - Full and Low Power Inclusion mode B34N 1 4,179 03-26-2017, 06:03 PM
Last Post: B34N
  KICAD Quick Lib and Module Generator mbt28 1 4,601 02-12-2017, 10:45 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Z Wave Module and still using GPIO bang 2 5,679 01-16-2017, 03:12 AM
Last Post: bang
  Z-Wave US module with adapter aegrotatio 4 7,115 01-08-2017, 12:03 AM
Last Post: aegrotatio
  Dallas 1-Wire Support ItsDave 31 37,736 12-27-2016, 08:30 PM