Noise with speaker
Bug 
When I try to have a call on speaker, the other person hear loud noises (noise, not echo or reverb).
Is it the same for you ?

im using an os based on arch.
If you want to replicate the bug, make a call and in alsamixer mute earphone, unmute speaker, enable mic1 boost, and see if the other side hear noise.
Thanks.
(08-10-2021, 04:12 PM)jack1 Wrote: When I try to have a call on speaker, the other person hear loud noises (noise, not echo or reverb).
Is it the same for you ?

If you want to replicate the bug, make a call and in alsamixer mute earphone, unmute speaker, enable mic1 boost, and see if the other side hear noise.
Thanks.

Most likely, it audio coupling of the speaker to the microphone, with a lesser chance of being electrical coupling. Note that with the speaker muted, there could still be some noise (see https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=13922) but with the speaker unmuted, the speaker is most likely the primary cause.
(08-14-2021, 09:25 AM)vortex Wrote: Most likely, it audio coupling of the speaker to the microphone, with a lesser chance of being electrical coupling...

Thanks. You have read when i wrote "noise, not echo or reverb" right ? its like the noise of a radio that has no signial...
Important is if it happend only to me...
(08-14-2021, 04:08 PM)jack1 Wrote:
(08-14-2021, 09:25 AM)vortex Wrote: Most likely, it audio coupling of the speaker to the microphone, with a lesser chance of being electrical coupling...

Thanks. You have read when i wrote "noise, not echo or reverb" right ? its like the noise of a radio that has no signial...
Important is if it happend only to me...

If you get it when the speaker is muted, it is definite what was in the thread I linked (https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=13922). If it is only there when the speaker is operating or is worse, then it is probably electrical coupling.

That all said, there is a way to investigate it. If during a call, you record your phone's microphone to a file, download it to your computer, and look at a powerspectrum of it; there might be some clues. I wrote a convenient tool for the other thread that can help with the power spectrum part, which is pinephone_call_noise_investigation, that when given the recording as a WAV file will plot the spectrogram and optionally write it to a CSV. My most recent powerspectrum looked like

[Image: Freja_Nordsiek_2021_07_18_2G_call_latest...rmware.png]

If you get a frequency comb like this, then it is likely you have the same issue or a related one.
thanks, ill try.
Anyway it happend when the speaker is on and the 'mic1 boost' is active (max vol or > 0) (talking about alsa)
@vortex 
I tryed your app ( u r a girl ?  Heart )

I left the default nperseg. The file is 41 seconds, 8khz

Does it tell you something ?
(08-20-2021, 04:31 PM)jack1 Wrote: I left the default nperseg. The file is 41 seconds, 8khz

Does it tell you something ?

There is no frequency comb (equally spaced spikes). Looks like broadband noise.

(08-20-2021, 04:31 PM)jack1 Wrote: @vortex
I tryed your app ( u r a girl ? Heart )

Seriously?
(08-21-2021, 04:43 AM)vortex Wrote: Seriously?

Believe me, you're not alone.
This message was created with 100% recycled electrons
(08-10-2021, 04:12 PM)jack1 Wrote: When I try to have a call on speaker, the other person hear loud noises (noise, not echo or reverb).
Is it the same for you ?

Thanks.

I am on Mobian nightly,  one phone on the most recent nightly,  and my daily phone is on an updated copy of a July release.

When I have ether phone on speaker,  they  ' hear a noise on their end ' ...  While It sounds really good at my end.

I turned down the microphone volume in settings, and they say it does  ' improve ',  but the noise does not go away.

When the speaker mode is off the sound is fine on both ends.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
@vortex   Heart 
I made another graph recording directly the from mic, also the wave;

@bcnaz Look like the same bug ! I wonder how many has this !

I forgot, I also have the vibrator broken. Could be related ? a usb-board hardware problem ?