What's your experience with the updated touchpad firmware?
Feels nearly perfect
65.93%
Better, but still not issue-free
26.37%
No real improvements
3.30%
Firmware update failed
4.40%
91 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Finally... The touchpad works great!
(07-28-2021, 05:00 PM)kirfkin Wrote: Has anyone noted if this stops the random jumps (typically to the bottom left)? If so, it ends my last major frustration with the Pinebook Pro.

I was experiencing that prior to this update.  I haven't had that happen since the update.  I'll let you know if it pops up again, but for the moment, it appears to be gone.

I'm using the ANSI model. After the update, it appears that the "disable while typing" is not working. I have tried changing the setting in the gui on Manjaro. Anyone have ideas?
I got my PBP back in Nov 2019. It's a 128gb version. Just did the firmware update and it went like a breeze. I feel like I have a new laptop on my lap. Smile 

About the revised keyboard firmware: you say it's fixing some of the common issues people are facing. I was facing a random key repeat issue, it seems it's gone now. Was it one of the common issues?

Great work! Thanks!
(07-29-2021, 06:03 AM)mamboman777 Wrote:
(07-28-2021, 05:00 PM)kirfkin Wrote: Has anyone noted if this stops the random jumps (typically to the bottom left)? If so, it ends my last major frustration with the Pinebook Pro.

I was experiencing that prior to this update.  I haven't had that happen since the update.  I'll let you know if it pops up again, but for the moment, it appears to be gone.

I'm using the ANSI model.  After the update, it appears that the "disable while typing" is not working.  I have tried changing the setting in the gui on Manjaro.  Anyone have ideas?

Good news. I'll hold off just a bit longer to see if it's reported; especially with respect to the disable while typing. I have big hands so that can be immensely useful.
This is exciting. Thank you. Unfortunately, Step 1 bricked my keyboard on Manjaro. Oh well.
[Edit: I connected an external keyboard, continued with the rest of the steps and now the internal keyboard is back. That was scary.]
(07-29-2021, 12:09 PM)dennisfaucher Wrote: This is exciting. Thank you. Unfortunately, Step 1 bricked my keyboard on Manjaro. Oh well.
[Edit: I connected an external keyboard, continued with the rest of the steps and now the internal keyboard is back. That was scary.]

I learned that the hard way too!  They do mention it in the git page, but it's still scary.  Glad to see you on the other side!
It should go without saying that a keyboard firmware update should be done with a second keyboard handy. Smile
:wq

[ SRA accepts you ]
Didn't work for me. I took a screenshot of the terminal output figuring it'd help but there's no way to attach images directly to the forum.

Code:
>>> Verify mismatch: type=f2, pass=e2, received=d2
EEE Touchpad verify data failed type:242 pass:226
EEE Touchpad erase failed
>>> USB device closed
The verify mismatch line gets spammed a hundred times before finally giving up and outputting the last three lines. My keyboard is ANSI, but my PBP is a first-run ISO model. I wouldn't think that there'd be ISO trackpads and ANSI trackpads that would cause the script to fail, but I honestly don't know. Right this second the trackpad doesn't work at all and the keyboard doesn't work but certain keys output letters not assigned to them, so it's probably not completely dead, hopefully, fingers crossed. 
Is it fubar or is there still hope yet?
Updated my ANSI KB and touchpad on Fedora without issue.  Touchpad is much improved.

On Fedora I had to install libusb-devel and xxd

sudo dnf install libusb-devel xxd

Thanks again
Thanks so much for the update! 
The initial delay was such a bummer, so this is a great relief and very much appreciated.
Update worked great, ANSI keyboard PBP. Just had to dig an old USB keyboard out of a box Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PBP green LED works but blank display. frerebo 1 877 02-22-2023, 03:11 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Keyboard/Touchpad update SH61F83 IC zaphod80013 4 3,321 09-14-2022, 03:56 AM
Last Post: Carl
  No WIFI network discovery in any manjaro installation (but works on fedora) pineitup 1 3,204 02-05-2021, 09:10 AM
Last Post: BlueJayLinux
  Sticker on touchpad fbkr 3 5,413 11-10-2020, 10:10 PM
Last Post: pFalken
  Touchpad self generates events jpalus 0 2,028 10-18-2020, 11:38 AM
Last Post: jpalus
  Do I need the touchpad update? Paulie420 3 5,562 09-22-2020, 06:40 PM
Last Post: Paulie420
  touchpad tanzim8145 2 4,923 06-06-2020, 02:56 AM
Last Post: lot378
Bug open wifi works and secure wifi does not j3bel 2 4,155 06-02-2020, 01:55 PM
Last Post: j3bel
  Right Click touchpad sensitivity tomfowler 4 6,306 05-31-2020, 12:32 PM
Last Post: gwalker
  lol touchpad causes mouse to move all over the place when using in a car james64 0 2,164 02-05-2020, 08:16 AM
Last Post: james64