RTL8370 Ethernet Switch Register Values
I have a modified clusterboard using the original CAD, but cannot get any data over the network switch using default register values.

I've tried to get the values from the 24C08A SPI flash chip on an original board but broke it while removing it. 

Is there a data file or documented register values available for the SPI falsh I can use?

The original board seems to need these parameters tow work both ways properly, so I suppose it is mandatory, unless there are some changes to the boot strap resisitors that would make it work at least at 100Mb/s.

Thanks!
I've dumped the EEPROM, my dump can be found here: https://github.com/renzenicolai/uboot-pi...eeprom.bin

Changing the contents is a work in progress, but the format is: little-endian 16-bit integers, first word is the address of the last entry to read, rest of the file is entries consisting of address and value pairs.
Many thanks Renze!
Please share your PCB improvements with Pine64 Smile

Maybe (given the problems of the Clusterboard with the new SoEdge module) it will convince them to make a new version. Although it seems a bit like an abandoned product category by now.
(07-27-2021, 06:04 AM)poVoq Wrote: Please share your PCB improvements with Pine64 Smile

Maybe (given the problems of the Clusterboard with the new SoEdge module) it will convince them to make a new version. Although it seems a bit like an abandoned product category by now.

Currently busy on few projects at once and will revisit the ClusterBoard around later September. The RTL8211E used in ClusterBoard becomes hard to get and very expensive due to component shortage situation, may redesign using Motocomm 8511 which using in Quartz64 model A.
(08-08-2021, 04:41 PM)tllim Wrote:
(07-27-2021, 06:04 AM)poVoq Wrote: Please share your PCB improvements with Pine64 Smile

Currently busy on few projects at once and will revisit the ClusterBoard around later September. The RTL8211E used in ClusterBoard becomes hard to get and very expensive due to component shortage situation, may redesign using Motocomm 8511 which using in Quartz64 model A.

Thanks all - I've not had a chance to try out the eeprom dump yet, but will let you know and send in modified clusterbvoard design, though it doesn't make may improvements other than adding soe analogue audio signal conditioning to it for quite a specific purpose. I may end up designing out the switch latheother but the Motocom 8511 option sounds interesting.

(07-24-2021, 05:24 PM)renze Wrote: I've dumped the EEPROM, my dump can be found here: https://github.com/renzenicolai/uboot-pi...eeprom.bin

Changing the contents is a work in progress, but the format is: little-endian 16-bit integers, first word is the address of the last entry to read, rest of the file is entries consisting of address and value pairs.

There seems to be a few repeated addresses here.
Is there a direct dump of the eeprom chip rather than an serial data log available?
(09-02-2021, 10:12 AM)inx Wrote:
(08-08-2021, 04:41 PM)tllim Wrote:

Thanks all - I've not had a chance to try out the eeprom dump yet, but will let you know and send in modified clusterbvoard design, though it doesn't make may improvements other than adding soe analogue audio signal conditioning to it for quite a specific purpose. I may end up designing out the switch latheother but the Motocom 8511 option sounds interesting.

(07-24-2021, 05:24 PM)renze Wrote: I've dumped the EEPROM, my dump can be found here: https://github.com/renzenicolai/uboot-pi...eeprom.bin

There seems to be a few repeated addresses here.
Is there a direct dump of the eeprom chip rather than an serial data log available?
Ignore my lat comment on the repeated addressess. The eeprim.bin file worked fine. Thanks again!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Managed Ethernet switch on the Clusterboard dsimic 6 5,205 01-16-2024, 02:05 AM
Last Post: hazcam
  Power Switch AZClusterboard 1 2,810 02-16-2019, 06:55 AM
Last Post: mdmbc
  Clusterboard onboard switch Zyklone 2 4,139 04-16-2018, 10:39 AM
Last Post: PigLover