Dark theme (on Mobian)?
I could have sworn I had this working before?  However, I had to re-install recently, and now I'll be damned if I can find even any option for Themes in the Settings app...  Am I going crazy?  Confused
Cheers,
TRS-80

What is Free Software and why is it so important for society?

Protocols, not Platforms

For the most Linux-y experience on your Linux phone, try SXMO!

I am (nominally) the Armbian Maintainer for PineBook Pro (although severely lacking in time these days).
OK, I found it.  There is not a setting in the menu, it's in a config file as described here.

I knew I had found that before, just forgot where.  Got wiped when I had to reinstall.

I actually like that things are in text config files.  Opens the door to keeping dotfiles in a git repo, just like I do on standard GNU/Linux on desktop and laptops!

Also, I forgot just how much good info was over there at Mobian Wiki.  Another reason I like (and chose) that project / distro.
Cheers,
TRS-80

Protocols, not Platforms

I am (nominally) the Armbian Maintainer for PineBook Pro (although severely lacking in time these days).
(07-11-2021, 08:13 PM)TRS-80 Wrote: OK, I found it.  There is not a setting in the menu, it's in a config file as described here.

I knew I had found that before, just forgot where.  Got wiped when I had to reinstall.

I actually like that things are in text config files.  Opens the door to keeping dotfiles in a git repo, just like I do on standard GNU/Linux on desktop and laptops!

Also, I forgot just how much good info was over there at Mobian Wiki.  Another reason I like (and chose) that project / distro.
Hello Thank u for that information, could you please describe how you manage to fix dark theme. Because I tried and now the only thing that becomes dark was my text so I can’t barely see anything in my desktop. And I can’t even get the text back to white again. I used this gsettings line : gsettings get org.gnome.desktop.interface gtk-theme ‘adwaita-dark’ and it was only the text and the WiFi and battery icons that got dark . I’m new in Linux thank u so much for this forum and for your replies
(07-13-2021, 03:18 PM)Wahtone Wrote: I used this gsettings line : gsettings get org.gnome.desktop.interface gtk-theme ‘adwaita-dark’ and it was only the text and the WiFi and battery icons that got dark .

This is not what the instruction in the link I provided say to do. Follow them exactly, that is what worked for me.
Cheers,
TRS-80

Protocols, not Platforms

Put the config files into the wiki!
https://wiki.mobian-project.org/doku.php?id=faq
Anyone else please review the wiki and see if you can add any good questions or answers.
There is a tremendous amount of very high quality information in the Mobian wiki.  In fact that was one of the things that attracted me to the project in the first place.

As I transition from research to getting my feet wet and learning/doing, I most certainly will add/share what I learn.  But so far, the Wiki still knows more than I do.  Smile

I did notice there are quite a lot of things jammed under that Tweaks section, that maybe should be split out in order to be more discoverable.
Cheers,
TRS-80

Protocols, not Platforms

(07-14-2021, 09:05 AM)TRS-80 Wrote: There is a tremendous amount of very high quality information in the Mobian wiki.  In fact that was one of the things that attracted me to the project in the first place.

As I transition from research to getting my feet wet and learning/doing, I most certainly will add/share what I learn.  But so far, the Wiki still knows more than I do.  Smile

I did notice there are quite a lot of things jammed under that Tweaks section, that maybe should be split out in order to be more discoverable.
Found it in the wiki linked from tweaks
https://wiki.mobian-project.org/doku.php?id=themes
I would like to see us steal themes from Maemo Leste too, I love my Maemo Linux N900 and the nostalgia would be fun.

Places like the wishlist and requested system stuff in the wiki could use a table of contents too.
I am used to have my phone with dark theme. After today's Mobian update, the..

Code:
gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.interface gtk-theme 'Adwaita-dark'

(or whatever different theme, I tried for example the Adapta-nokto theme) command does not change the background of the phone app anymore. Any hint or suggestion? Perhaps somebody following the IRC channel(s) has news about that?
I am thinking more and more about switching to SXMO, as they are orders of magnitude less cavalier toward users than Gnome are.
Cheers,
TRS-80

Protocols, not Platforms

I'm not up on the intricacies of the move to libadwaita and its removal of theme options, but I gather this might work:

gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.interface color-scheme prefer-dark

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  cant verify mobian image at website gnugpg penguins_rule 0 6 5 hours ago
Last Post: penguins_rule
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone regular. zetabeta 14 1,347 03-14-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Faded
  mobian installed to eMMC - how to install tow-boot grump_fiddle_reinstall 6 1,610 11-22-2023, 11:46 AM
Last Post: aLoop100o
  What actions needed to keep on mobian testing user641 3 1,633 09-05-2023, 06:44 AM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  Mobian boot failed with zstd message after upgrade. Mahgue 0 569 09-01-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Mahgue
  how to update mobian over tor vusra 13 6,471 07-09-2023, 08:57 PM
Last Post: vusra
  opensnitch outbound firewall now works on mobian vusra 2 1,791 07-09-2023, 01:37 AM
  Using Nativefier on PP64 with Mobian paulcarton 0 568 07-05-2023, 03:57 AM
Last Post: paulcarton
  Has anyone got briar-desktop running on mobian? vusra 5 2,827 06-19-2023, 03:02 PM
  Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian arno_nuehm 219 159,018 03-26-2023, 01:49 AM
Last Post: shulamy