Wipe function on mobian?
Hello everybody .
I was wondering if someone know or if it is some kind of wipe/delete function in Mobian,
Maybe if I enter the wrong password to many times then the phone automatically erase and shredd everything on it or Delete the encryption key,is this some function that I can get on my pine phone?
And if there is any program that clear all logs and stuff every time you reboot or turn of the phone?
I hope u guy’s understand what I mean and thank you so much for this forum it’s great 
Have a nice day!
Hello, and welcome to the forums! Smile

Well it's GNU/Linux, so most of times you can do almost anything, with a little bit of (shell, or other) scripting know how.

I am a little less familiar with some of phosh specific stuff than I am with GNU/Linux in general (which is part of reason I purchased the device, to learn and tinker).  There may be some hook type things available (based on events), but I never went looking for that functionality, personally.

Sorry if that's not the direct / immediate answer you may have been looking for, but sort of digging in and trying to figure things out is very much in the spirit of GNU/Linux and F/LOSS in general.
Cheers,
TRS-80

What is Free Software and why is it so important for society?

Protocols, not Platforms

For the most Linux-y experience on your Linux phone, try SXMO!

I am (nominally) the Armbian Maintainer for PineBook Pro (although severely lacking in time these days).
There is none builtin, however, it should be possible to add it to the screen lock. If you are using LUKs drive encryption, there are two main things that have to be wiped:

1. LUKS header - contains the encrypted key for the storage in encrypted form (the key you use is used to decrypt it)
2. the decryption key in RAM

The second is easy to make happen - have it power off the phone.

The first is hard on any storage that has built in wear leveling as flash storage often does. If it doesn't, just wiping the first few sectors of the partition is enough. Otherwise, one has to overwrite the whole storage or hope there is a feature in the storage to do a fast wipe. I am not sure whether the EMMC storage of the pine phone has built in wear leveling or not. Some microSD cards do and some don't. For those without, just writing a good MB or so of random data several times to the beginning of the encrypted partition should destroy the keys sufficiently.
(07-07-2021, 12:41 PM)Wahtone Wrote: Hello everybody .
I was wondering if someone know or if it is some kind of wipe/delete function in Mobian,
Maybe if I enter the wrong password to many times then the phone automatically erase and shredd everything on it or Delete the encryption key,is this some function that I can get on my pine phone?
And if there is any program that clear all logs and stuff every time you reboot or turn of the phone?
I hope u guy’s understand what I mean and thank you so much for this forum it’s great 
Have a nice day!
The request for:
Quote:User configurable panic and/or paranoia modes, preferably via a hardware key combo to either call for help and send distress signals and/or lock down system, possibly delete/encrypt selected folders, and present a limited vanilla android-like 'time waster' UI without useful access.
is already in the Mobian systemwide requests page
https://wiki.mobian-project.org/doku.php...m-features
Feel free to add to that request with specifics; the devs have that page and the app request page(be ready with source links) https://wiki.mobian-project.org/doku.php?id=wishlist as a basis for building the OS, features, and apps in repos the community needs!
The Mobian wiki is a very important tool, if you solve a problem or figure out a cool hack to get a new function DOCUMENT IT!
There is a LUKS nuke patch https://www.kali.org/blog/emergency-self...luks-kali/

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk
(07-21-2021, 09:55 AM)e-minguez Wrote: There is a LUKS nuke patch https://www.kali.org/blog/emergency-self...luks-kali/

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

That looks cool, and seems you can still have a secret key elsewhere to unbork the drive.
I like the dummy android interface screen too though so a thief will waste time as distress signals(sms, email, chat, etc) are made and also if we want to overwrite 1s and 0s to the emmc and SD.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  cant verify mobian image at website gnugpg penguins_rule 0 9 8 hours ago
Last Post: penguins_rule
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone regular. zetabeta 14 1,347 03-14-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Faded
  mobian installed to eMMC - how to install tow-boot grump_fiddle_reinstall 6 1,612 11-22-2023, 11:46 AM
Last Post: aLoop100o
  What actions needed to keep on mobian testing user641 3 1,634 09-05-2023, 06:44 AM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  Mobian boot failed with zstd message after upgrade. Mahgue 0 569 09-01-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Mahgue
  how to update mobian over tor vusra 13 6,471 07-09-2023, 08:57 PM
Last Post: vusra
  opensnitch outbound firewall now works on mobian vusra 2 1,791 07-09-2023, 01:37 AM
  Using Nativefier on PP64 with Mobian paulcarton 0 568 07-05-2023, 03:57 AM
Last Post: paulcarton
  Has anyone got briar-desktop running on mobian? vusra 5 2,829 06-19-2023, 03:02 PM
  Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian arno_nuehm 219 159,027 03-26-2023, 01:49 AM
Last Post: shulamy