Mobile connection vanishes on Phosh
Occasionally, the mobile connection icon vanishes from the dropdown and is gone from the preferences. Does anyone know what's causing this? Is the modem manager crashing? Is there an update or workaround that I can try?
I should've also said that once this happens, I can no longer make or receive calls or text. Since it's so unreliable, I had to switch back to my old Android phone.   Sad 

Hopefully, this will be resolved soon.
it is a known issue, you will notice in dmesg that the usb hub also restarts, my opinion is that is a power surge of the modem, though you can restore it either restarting eg25-manager or giving `ofonoctl online` and entering the PIN with the qdbus command, still Plasma dialer won't be able to make calls and the best way is to restart the phone. The problem could be temporarily fixed by writing some script that regularly checks the modem and restores it if it's down.
(07-06-2021, 11:51 AM)mouffa Wrote: it is a known issue, you will notice in dmesg that the usb hub also restarts, my opinion is that is a power surge of the modem, though you can restore it either restarting eg25-manager or giving `ofonoctl online` and entering the PIN with the qdbus command, still Plasma dialer won't be able to make calls and the best way is to restart the phone. The problem could be temporarily fixed by writing some script that regularly checks the modem and restores it if it's down.

Thanks for the info.
(07-06-2021, 11:51 AM)mouffa Wrote: The problem could be temporarily fixed by writing some script that regularly checks the modem and restores it if it's down.

If I were to check dmesg say every minute, would that keep the phone in a higher power state?
(07-08-2021, 04:38 PM)Barugon Wrote:
(07-06-2021, 11:51 AM)mouffa Wrote: The problem could be temporarily fixed by writing some script that regularly checks the modem and restores it if it's down.

If I were to check dmesg say every minute, would that keep the phone in a higher power state?

I don't think so, you don't even need to wake up the Plasma from suspension, the idea of the script is very generic, I would probably use qdbus commands in conjunction with the modem pins controlled by the eg25-manager, have a look at my thread about the modem's hardware interface. I believe it is quite involved in practice though it sounds easy.
I read this in https://forum.manjaro.org/t/manjaro-arm-...hone/69068

[*]You may loose the modem often. If that is the case call

Code:
systemctl edit --full ModemManager
[*] and then edit

Code:
--test-quick-suspend-resume
[*] to become

Code:
--test-no-suspend-resume
(07-10-2021, 02:11 AM)lolgzs Wrote: I read this in https://forum.manjaro.org/t/manjaro-arm-...hone/69068

[*]You may loose the modem often. If that is the case call

Code:
systemctl edit --full ModemManager
[*] and then edit

Code:
--test-quick-suspend-resume
[*] to become

Code:
--test-no-suspend-resume

I guess slow wake-up for calls is better than modem crashing.
I tried "--test-quick-suspend-resume" but I'm still regularly loosing the modem.
I switched from --test-quick-suspend-resume to --test-no-suspend-resume a couple days ago and the modem has not disconnected at all. I don't know why we have broken things as the default.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where Does Manjaro Phosh Store Its Custom Keystrokes? jakfish 0 688 04-25-2023, 09:49 AM
Last Post: jakfish
Exclamation My short experience with Manjaro Plasma Mobile anonymous 10 4,257 03-02-2023, 07:25 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Backup and Home Screen Tinkering on Phosh jakfish 0 803 02-24-2023, 12:56 PM
Last Post: jakfish
  gnome-mobile dev Uturn 1 1,024 02-22-2023, 03:37 AM
Last Post: acrux
  Manjaro plasma-mobile Beta 13 Uturn 13 4,507 01-25-2023, 04:15 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  MMS workaround for users with separate APN (works atleast on Manjaro Phosh) alaraajavamma 0 998 10-10-2022, 12:53 PM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
  Disabling screen timeout for plasma mobile rp3 7 6,974 09-05-2022, 03:50 PM
Last Post: christev1
Question Running AnBox on Manjaro ARM w/ Phosh? danimations 2 2,372 09-05-2022, 03:42 PM
Last Post: nroth
  manjaro-pinephone / plasma-mobile-dev: Update broken Uturn 32 28,409 07-28-2022, 12:40 PM
Last Post: johaennessen
  Waydroid network connection Uturn 3 2,688 07-03-2022, 11:10 AM
Last Post: RudderDuck