New to the ecosystem - Bought the SOEDGE
Crazy - Just on ad hock research and wanting to get a cluster up and running I hope that I can do this on my Pine64 SOEdge AI. It would be cool if I could install openmosix on it but I doubt without knowing alot more coding skills I would be able to get it up and running.

Have any developers managed to get RUST and ADA up and running on this board?
I just received my SOEDGE parts (2 x SOEDGE + Baseboard) yesterday.  Is there a HOWTO for how to boot this up?

In my dreams, I wanted to be able to plug it in, boot it up, and run PyTorch but reality has been different.

So far I have learned that the USB power cables sold on the Pine64 store are incompatible with the SOEDGE Baseboard and that there is no HDMI port.  So you can turn it on (if you can power it up) but you can't log in.

So I have ordered a new power supply and a couple of Arduino USB serial console gadgets, and I understand I can plug these into the serial port pins on the GPIO connector.

I would love to talk to someone who has already been down this path...
(09-08-2021, 11:50 AM)bertiewooster Wrote: I just received my SOEDGE parts (2 x SOEDGE + Baseboard) yesterday.  Is there a HOWTO for how to boot this up?

In my dreams, I wanted to be able to plug it in, boot it up, and run PyTorch but reality has been different.

So far I have learned that the USB power cables sold on the Pine64 store are incompatible with the SOEDGE Baseboard and that there is no HDMI port.  So you can turn it on (if you can power it up) but you can't log in.

So I have ordered a new power supply and a couple of Arduino USB serial console gadgets, and I understand I can plug these into the serial port pins on the GPIO connector.

What OS are you using for it? You should be able to ssh into it.
(09-08-2021, 12:44 PM)tophneal Wrote:
(09-08-2021, 11:50 AM)bertiewooster Wrote: I just received my SOEDGE parts (2 x SOEDGE + Baseboard) yesterday.  Is there a HOWTO for how to boot this up?

What OS are you using for it? You should be able to ssh into it.

I'm running this image from the pine64 web site: SOEdge_linux_v1.1.img.gz (unpacked and written to a microsd plugged into the base board).
The wiki doesn't say what to to next after you start it.
since that's a Rockchip BSP img, I bet you could use "root" or "rockchip" as the user and "rockchip" as the pass (for both) http://rockchip.wikidot.com/linux-develop-guide#toc8

if that's the case, let us know and I'll make sure we have that login info added to the wiki
Thanks for the response.  No luck so far.

- I have connected 3 different serial console gadgets; 2 with the FT232RL chip and another with the CH340 chip:

Voltage set to 3.3V, Serial port set to 115200 baud, 8N1
  GND -> PI-2 GPIO pin 6 (GND on baseboard schematic)
  RXD -> PI-2 GPIO pin 8 (UART_TXD on baseboard schematic)
  TXD -> PI-2 GPIO pin 10 (UART_RXD on baseboard schematic)

If I hit keys on my terminal, the txd light on the serial gadget lights up.  I have never ever seen the rxd led light up so it doesn't seem like there is a console here.

- The board schematic says that GPIO pins 8/10 are connected to UART6, which corresponds to pins 35/75 on the SOEDGE connector.
  On the other hand SOEDGE pins 33/34 are CONSOLE_RX/CONSOLE_TX (in the pin assignment spreadsheet) and UART2_RX/TX in the schematic. 
  I do see UART2 on pins 6/8 of the PI-5 bus connector but plugging the serial gadget in here doesn't give any signal either.
  On the Pine64 boards, the console is UART0 but I don't see UART0 pins on the SOEDGE baseboard schematic.

Is the SOEDGE console supposed to work or was it never tested?  Does the kernel build need to be reconfigured to put the console on a different UART?

- When I boot up with a network cable, I do not see a new MAC address with an ssh listener. 
  What vendor prefix should I expect to see on the MAC address?
  Also without a console, I'm reduced to using nmap scans to try to find the SOEDGE on my LAN.

It's frustrating that Pine64 have not provided the most basic documentation on how to determine if the SOEDGE boards are working or defective.
FYI I've opened ticket # 10974 in the support portal
Likely the best route, since the software for the SOEdge is still deemed immature. Hopefully your questions will be answered, and there will be more valuable information to add to the SOEdge wiki page(s)
Anyone got some updates? I am wanting to order it along with the baseboard
I am also curious on this matter. Maybe someone will update

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chickens, Eggs, and SOEdge - Part 2 KNERD 11 6,268 11-29-2022, 05:57 PM
Last Post: KNERD
  console on SOEDGE Model A Baseboard bertiewooster 4 4,511 10-01-2021, 11:58 PM
Last Post: bertiewooster
  Chickens, Eggs, and SOEdge lewellyn 11 15,335 11-21-2020, 08:13 PM
Last Post: tllim