Screen rotation
Has anyone managed to get screen rotation working? It seems to natively work with Mobian but for Arch (Phosh) whenever I rotate the phone it remains stuck in portrait orientation. Is there a script needed to force landscape mode?
I run Arch with Phosh and I've never had an issue with screen orientation. A tad sluggish but it's never gotten stuck.
(06-06-2021, 02:07 PM)Merc Wrote: I run Arch with Phosh and I've never had an issue with screen orientation. A tad sluggish but it's never gotten stuck.
Same experience here, never gets stuckfor me.
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC
there should be a tile in the top pull down options of phosh that will let you change display orientation between portrait, landscape, and automatic.
What about the lockscreen?  My Arch-Phosh lockscreen seems to be stuck in portrait whatever I do.  Would be nice to have this in landscape when using the keyboard case.

I've tried adding `rotate=90` and `rotate=180` to `phoc.ini` but this did not help.

Also tried setting the tile (from pull-down) to landscape. Whilst this effects the desktop environment, the lockscreen remains in portrait.
Is screen rotation still working for everyone?

Mine stopped working around the time iio-sensors-proxy got updated to 3.3-1. This could be coincidental however, as iio-sensor-proxy-git 3.4.r0.cd6d5e6-1 doesn't work either. If it is due to iio-sensors-proxy, does anyone have an older copy? I had nothing in the pkg cache as it was a new install and I was new to the PP.

Cheers.

Edit: Seems an issue is logged but with no resolution as yet.
(08-28-2022, 06:16 AM)cone99 Wrote: Is screen rotation still working for everyone?

Mine stopped working around the time iio-sensors-proxy got updated to 3.3-1. This could be coincidental however, as iio-sensor-proxy-git 3.4.r0.cd6d5e6-1 doesn't work either. If it is due to iio-sensors-proxy, does anyone have an older copy? I had nothing in the pkg cache as it was a new install and I was new to the PP.

Cheers.

Edit: Seems an issue is logged but with no resolution as yet.

automatic rotation doesn't work but manual does

ezik
(08-28-2022, 06:53 AM)shulamy Wrote:  automatic rotation doesn't work but manual does

Thanks for the info but how do you perform manual rotation?
(08-28-2022, 08:33 AM)cone99 Wrote:
(08-28-2022, 06:53 AM)shulamy Wrote:  automatic rotation doesn't work but manual does

Thanks for the info but how do you perform manual rotation?

a long press on the icon

ezik
(08-28-2022, 11:35 AM)shulamy Wrote: a long press on the icon

Huh wow... I've never read that anywhere.

Many thanks Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  auto-brightness problem phone screen going to completely dim DonF22 6 8,993 05-11-2021, 07:00 PM
Last Post: Timothy_Ecc
Big Grin phone app covers unlock screen when trying to access during a call quantumphone 1 2,545 01-28-2021, 11:54 PM
Last Post: Danct12