Brand new phone, screen flickers than locks
Hello,

I have a brand new phone, only connected it to wifi, updated to the latest. On unlock the screen flickers than/or goes black and I'm back at the locked screen.

Whats the fix? I searched around, and thy say May updated fixed problem, not for me?

Thanks
Have you tried letting it sit charging using the red cable that came with the device? And have you updated or modified the software at all (including installing a different distro?)
(05-31-2021, 10:08 AM)Marekx3 Wrote: Hello,

I have a brand new phone, only connected it to wifi, updated to the latest. On unlock the screen flickers than/or goes black and I'm back at the locked screen.

Whats the fix? I searched around, and thy say May updated fixed problem, not for me?

Thanks

If the problem is caused by a black screen on reboot after updates on Manjaro Plasma Mobile, it is discussed here https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=13993

If you can ssh into the phone, you can adjust the screen brightness.

If you can't ssh, then the other option is to boot from an OS on an SD card and mount the eMMC partition and change the screen brightness at boot via rc.local script. Then boot from eMMC.

Hopefully that's the issue and you can fix it.

FYI this https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=13917 discusses the same issue.
Pinephone v1.2 UBports CE. Adelaide, Australia using Amaysim SIM (Optus network, VoLTE enabled) with Mobian SD card. VoLTE working also with Felix / Vodafone AU and Aldimobile / Telstra AU.
Manjaro Plasma Mobile on EMMC.
Are you using Plasma Mobile ?

If yes, and if you've made all the available updates, does it only happens when the phone isn't charging ?

I've been having that issue, and I made some research. I didn't find any solution that worked for me, but I've made a topic with the results of my research:
https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...&pid=96068
You'll find links to possible solutions. And if none of those work, you can subscribe to the topic, I'll keep it updated when I find anything new.

EDIT: Actually, I've managed to fix the issue on my phone. I posted all the details in my thread, so if your issue is indeed the same as mine, it's just a single configuration file to edit, you should be good to go. Careful about one thing: you'll have to manually lock your device afterwards (it'll take a lot of time for it to lock on its own). But it sure beats not being able to use it at all, right ?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Article: NuttX RTOS for PinePhone: Feature Phone UI in LVGL, Zig and WebAssembly lupyuen 64 13,533 09-09-2023, 09:49 AM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
  Article: NuttX RTOS for PinePhone: Phone Calls and Text Messages lupyuen 2 1,326 05-03-2023, 05:03 PM
Last Post: lupyuen
  How to disable lock screen in Phosh? lat 14 13,838 03-31-2023, 04:17 AM
Last Post: Eugo
  [Stupid Question] Where is the phone camera software?! newusername 5 2,735 10-10-2022, 03:58 AM
Last Post: newusername
Question New user/phone here - initial update issues sexywheat 2 1,625 06-29-2022, 04:27 PM
Last Post: sexywheat
  Which apps can I run on this phone? poppyhodler 2 2,138 06-07-2022, 12:18 PM
Last Post: jenniferjohn12
  Phone Operation which SW Realease (mute funtion)? scrwbigtek 0 785 05-25-2022, 07:35 AM
Last Post: scrwbigtek
  Jami on the Pine phone ? bcnaz 7 5,448 04-03-2022, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Fish
  First time pine phone user Matt73 3 2,374 03-10-2022, 02:04 AM
Last Post: Matt73
  What is the best firmware to use an external screen with? Scary Guy 4 3,063 02-16-2022, 01:36 PM
Last Post: Avisando