Question on Musescore
I was wondering if i were to hook up the pinephone to a moniter, keyboard, and mouse using that attachment thingy; if musescore could be used like on the laptop? or would it wnd up being the mobile version?
You can install packages on the Pinephone just like you would on a desktop Linux distribution, you will get the same package like you would on a desktop. As far as I can see there is no mobile version of MuseScore anyway and most likely it has not been optimized for a mobile UI. So if you can get it to run, chances are high that the app will not fit the screen of the phone or it will be very tiny. If you connect an external display and drag the app on there, you can resize it and it will look like on a desktop.

So, generelly speaking: You can install any package like on the regular version of your distribution of choice (as long as there is an ARM package for it). Maybe not everything will run. The biggest problem will be that most apps are not optimized for a mobile UI, so a lot of GUI stuff will not be really usable on the phone. With an external display you will be able to use the app like on a regular desktop computer.
Musescore is open source and available for most platforms including mobile.

In theory it could run on the PinePhone but there is a blocker to this happening - someone would need to compile the code and make it available as a package. Whatever distribution you choose to run, either the makers of that distribution would have to create the package or you would need to take on that step (ask for help).

In convergence mode (using the PinePhone USB-C docking bar) it would seem just like using MuseScore on a laptop.

In mobile mode it might be like using the mobile version.

NB there is a mobile version of Musescore see https://musescore.com/apps
I'm not a beginner linux user, and knew all this... i am wondering if it would run. (like when writing a symphony on my laptop, which has 4GB of ram, it kinda starts causing issues after a certain amount of time is in a piece. this is while using lubuntu.)
(05-03-2021, 07:55 AM)lot378 Wrote: Musescore is open source and available for most platforms including mobile.

In theory it could run on the PinePhone but there is a blocker to this happening - someone would need to compile the code and make it available as a package. Whatever distribution you choose to run, either the makers of that distribution would have to create the package or you would need to take on that step (ask for help).

In convergence mode (using the PinePhone USB-C docking bar) it would seem just like using MuseScore on a laptop.

In mobile mode it might be like using the mobile version.

NB there is a mobile version of Musescore see https://musescore.com/apps
You're right, I missed the mobile versions because I was looking only on this page: https://musescore.org/en/download
On that page there are packages available for a bunch of distros and they also have an Appimage for arm, although not for arm64. Maybe you can compile it yourself for arm64.

Edit: If you want to dive into it, here are extensive instructions. It seems very well documented, so it might be a good place to start!
sorry, i just realized i forgot to write the part on if it would run well as well... (that is if my other post goes through...)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Stupid Question] Where is the phone camera software?! newusername 5 2,741 10-10-2022, 03:58 AM
Last Post: newusername
  Software keyboard question orbital 1 1,101 06-27-2022, 03:18 AM
Last Post: wibble
Question Pinephone camera & Megapixels - Bug report and question danimations 0 1,282 08-10-2021, 05:43 AM
Last Post: danimations
  Plasma question - just curious... moodroid 2 2,926 01-23-2021, 09:54 AM
Last Post: moodroid