eMMC Partitioning/Formatting
Hello,

I have this problem - I started using my Pinephone UBPorts edition with pmOS on sdcard, and it worked well enough, but I wanted it to be a bit faster so I decied to transfer to the internal eMMC storage. I wiped the UBPorts that was present here (wipefs --all) and install pmOS via pmbootstrap running on the pinephone from the sdcard. But now, text messages wont send, does not matter whether I boot from sdcard or internal memory. Modem manager cli behaves in a weird way - 
Code:
mmcli -m 0 --messaging-create-sms="text='Hello, world!',number='+123456789'"
creates the sms, but when trying to send it
Code:
mmcli -s X --send
where X is the index of the sms, I get error stating that sms could not be found on any modem. Therefore, I have a hypothesis that while I overwrote the internal eMMC, I somehow disabled the storage that mmcli uses for the sms (the default storage is set to me - mobile equipment). Does anyone have an idea how to confirm this hypothesis, and ideally how to fix the problem?

Best regards
Yesterday there were updates that fixed updates that broke the modem. Have you tried updating?
How do i transfer Manjaro from SD micro card to the internal eMMC storage?
(01-11-2021, 08:19 PM)hiimtye Wrote: Yesterday there were updates that fixed updates that broke the modem. Have you tried updating?
I updated the repos and tried to reinstall both stable and edge branch, but the behaviour remains exactly the same. Also, I can make calls and connect to internet via mobile network, so it seems that only the sms part of the modem is somehow broken. Any idea what log I might want to examine?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  phone won't boot from emmc with sdcard inserted ssilvi 3 3,527 06-06-2021, 02:47 AM
Last Post: ssilvi
  Cannot find a method of flashing to EMMC that works MarkF 4 6,025 10-30-2020, 09:06 PM
Last Post: discogribbs
  pmboostrap to emmc Gobelin 5 8,309 06-18-2020, 04:42 AM
Last Post: PureTryOut