LCD Installation Walkthrough
(07-06-2016, 09:26 AM)vintagewaffle Wrote: Has anybody gotten this working with a linux image?
Are there nonstandard drivers I need to install?

The gnu+linux images do not support the LCD yet; there is work ongoing...

marcus
I cannot make the LCD work. Checked and reconnected everything several times, all contacts facing down to the board(s), using the android-rooted-ver5.1.1-lcd-version-20160603-pine64-64GB.img image, tried with two different boards, but the LCD does not light up at all. HDMI output works, so there is no problem with the boards. Is the LCD bad? Anything else I can try?
Solved. The rooted image is broken, non-rooted version works! Thanks to lukasz on IRC.
(07-28-2016, 06:26 AM)wanthalf Wrote: Solved. The rooted image is broken, non-rooted version works! Thanks to lukasz on IRC.

Please advise which image is broken, I will need to take down and recheck on the build.
(07-28-2016, 03:23 AM)wanthalf Wrote: I cannot make the LCD work. Checked and reconnected everything several times, all contacts facing down to the board(s), using the android-rooted-ver5.1.1-lcd-version-20160603-pine64-64GB.img image, tried with two different boards, but the LCD does not light up at all. HDMI output works, so there is no problem with the boards. Is the LCD bad? Anything else I can try?

Hi,
I got the same problem as describe above.
Ordered as display before Christmas to get it running with OpenHAB but each time I try to boot will the red LED turn off after a few secs after I put the USB power into the board.

If I remove the ribbons will it power as normal... 

Do I need to install drivers to get it to work? How do I do that?

Please advise!

Happy new Years all geeks out there in cyber space!
(12-31-2016, 07:20 AM)micklen Wrote:
(07-28-2016, 03:23 AM)wanthalf Wrote: I cannot make the LCD work. Checked and reconnected everything several times, all contacts facing down to the board(s), using the android-rooted-ver5.1.1-lcd-version-20160603-pine64-64GB.img image, tried with two different boards, but the LCD does not light up at all. HDMI output works, so there is no problem with the boards. Is the LCD bad? Anything else I can try?

Hi,
I got the same problem as describe above.
Ordered as display before Christmas to get it running with OpenHAB but each time I try to boot will the red LED turn off after a few secs after I put the USB power into the board.

If I remove the ribbons will it power as normal... 

Do I need to install drivers to get it to work? How do I do that?

Please advise!

Happy new Years all geeks out there in cyber space!

If the red light is going out, you need a better power supply.
This is the information I wish was in one place when I was getting my LCD/touch to work using a Linux distro as opposed to Android.

Problems connecting LCD and touch to your Pine64? Make sure to use the following instructions:

http://files.pine64.org/doc/guide/PINE64..._Guide.pdf

Problems getting LCD/touch to work with Linux? Check out the following:

https://docs.armbian.com/board_details/pine64/

both Debian and Ubuntu Armbian builds worked for me if you follow the instructions for editing the armbianEnv.txt.

Load the gt9xxf_ts kernel module, and the touch interface should work although you still need to configure X.

I can currently cat the raw device from /dev/input/eventX and verify that the touch device works but haven't figured out how to get X11 to load the evdev module for it. My XOrg.log says that it can't find a driver for it. Tried adding a "99-touch.conf" file to xorg.conf.d directory, but no luck. Anyone have a pointer to how to resolve this problem? The XOrg.Log file looks the same with or without this additional .conf file. Not necessarily a Pine64 question but one that will help other Pine64 Touch users.
(02-10-2017, 01:31 PM)akron Wrote: This is the information I wish was in one place when I was getting my LCD/touch to work using a Linux distro as opposed to Android.

Problems connecting LCD and touch to your Pine64? Make sure to use the following instructions:

both Debian and Ubuntu Armbian builds worked for me if you follow the instructions for editing the armbianEnv.txt.

Load the gt9xxf_ts kernel module, and the touch interface should work although you still need to configure X.

I can currently cat the raw device from /dev/input/eventX and verify that the touch device works but haven't figured out how to get X11 to load the evdev module for it. My XOrg.log says that it can't find a driver for it. Tried adding a "99-touch.conf" file to xorg.conf.d directory, but no luck. Anyone have a pointer to how to resolve this problem? The XOrg.Log file looks the same with or without this additional .conf file. Not necessarily a Pine64 question but one that will help other Pine64 Touch users.

I am not sure if i understand your question, when you say: "Load the gt9xxf_ts kernel module, and the touch interface should work although you still need to configure X. ", you mean you can get the Touch events but it does not work in X11?
(02-10-2017, 03:31 PM)@lex Wrote:
(02-10-2017, 01:31 PM)akron Wrote: This is the information I wish was in one place when I was getting my LCD/touch to work using a Linux distro as opposed to Android.

I am not sure if i understand your question, when you say: "Load the gt9xxf_ts kernel module, and the touch interface should work although you still need to configure X. ", you mean you can get the Touch events but it does not work in X11?

In case someone i interested i compiled TSLIB for the X11, no need for evdev driver or a need for calibration (WIP): https://github.com/avafinger/pine64-touchscreen
Thanks for the link and dpkg builds! Unfortunately, the armbian Debian Linux distro must be behind the ubuntu, and the xf86-input library that you linked to the tslib input is a version ahead of the one that I am using. I think I'll be able to use the libts packages though. Did you need to patch xf86-input-tslib on launchpad to get it to work?

(02-10-2017, 03:31 PM)@lex Wrote:

Yes. The kernel module loads. The xf86 evdev driver does not seem to recognize the touchpad, no touch pointer seen with xinput --list.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Information & installation of the LCD [GERMAN] JulianM 1 3,055 08-05-2016, 11:21 AM
Last Post: tllim