pacman
so I installed command-not-found from the repos, and one of my functions in my default .bashrc calls pacman, so command-not-found suggested I install it from the repos.

I searched Google for any sort of documentation related to Alpine Linux and pacman, but Alpine Linux's documentation is basically non-existent. I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with pacman on Alpine.

is it configured for Alpine's packages? is it just a placeholder for a chroot Arch install, or a fast path to installing Arch within an Alpine install?

I absolutely detest the apk system, and I love pacman. if Alpine were capable of using pacman instead for a regular install I would certainly try that out, but my worry after looking at the APKBUILD is that there's no hint of configuring sources for Alpine.

any input would be appreciated
Pacman is only available to create Arch chroots and the likes, it can not be used for Alpine Linux package management. If you absolutely detest apk, maybe postmarketOS and Alpine Linux aren't the right distributions for you.
maybe, but sxmo is a purely pmOS project, so I'm here for the time being. thanks for answering the question anyway.
(12-30-2020, 04:58 PM)hiimtye Wrote: so I installed command-not-found from the repos, and one of my functions in my default .bashrc calls pacman, so command-not-found suggested I install it from the repos.

I searched Google for any sort of documentation related to Alpine Linux and pacman, but Alpine Linux's documentation is basically non-existent. I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with pacman on Alpine.

is it configured for Alpine's packages? is it just a placeholder for a chroot Arch install, or a fast path to installing Arch within an Alpine install?

I absolutely detest the apk system, and I love pacman. if Alpine were capable of using pacman instead for a regular install I would certainly try that out, but my worry after looking at the APKBUILD is that there's no hint of configuring sources for Alpine.

any input would be appreciated
>> Bro, Alpine comes with its own package manager `apk`. It is faster than pacman.
Run `apk --help` for help. Also, check out this article for man pages* in Alpine**
https://ostechnix.com/how-to-install-man...ine-linux/
If you need any help mail me spam@lucasanss.xyz
I will answer as fast as possible, I often check my emails

---
* man pages are the manuals telling you how to use a certain program
** pmOS is based on alpine linux. Check the alpine documentation and
forums
(01-29-2021, 12:09 AM)hiimtye Wrote: maybe, but sxmo is a purely pmOS project, so I'm here for the time being. thanks for answering the question anyway.
Technically you could make your own aarch64 archarm (or better: artix) chroot
with qemu. Then install all the drivers to have a base OS. Install sxmo. However,
this would be a pain in the $@^*. And `Alpine` is much faster than `GNU`. So I wouldn't
recommand doing so. If you still want to do so, the gentoo wiki might help you :
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/PinePhone

---
* censored
I have man pages installed already. my issue with apk is that I have to google obscure switches like
Code:
apk del --purge package
or that you have to tell it to be verbose just to give you package information. not to mention there doesn't seem to be any equivalent to say
Code:
pacman -Qi
pacman -Qs
and the package search doesnt even tell you if anything is installed or not