Spurious headphone detection interrupts
Thumbs up for running NetBSD on your PineBook Pro!  Having an accidental midnight boot is quite funny. Smile

As you have already concluded, interrupt numbers are not fixed on Linux, and there's no need to have the same interrupts present (i.e., visible or handled) on Linux and NetBSD.  For example, the headphones detection IRQ is received by a GPIO line on the RK3399 SoC, which is further mapped to the "simple-audio-card" Linux kernel driver, using the device tree file.  On the other hand, there's no urgent need for NetBSD to handle this particular interrupt, it may safely go unhandled.

Having zero headphone detection interrupts on your wife's PinBook Pro points into this being an isolated hardware issue on my PineBook Pro, but I'd like to have at least a couple more PineBook Pros checked, as different batches may behave differently.

Could you, please, also try to connect headphones to your wife's PineBook Pro, just to make sure that the interrupts are actually generated and counted as expected?  It should be worth checking.

Thank you for checking!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Spurious headphone detection interrupts - by dsimic - 01-07-2021, 07:49 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Microphone in through headphone jack SageFox 1 3,869 03-26-2020, 12:27 PM
Last Post: zaius