SD card / Sim slot dilemma
Hi everybody.
I have a problem with my pinephone manjaro ce. Recently I decided to flash the internal emmc through the sd card (jumpstart option).
I was surprised to find out that the phone doesn't recognize the sd card (checked via lsblk command), but a phone sim is detected correctly.
Has my phone a hardware fault ? Do I have to config some software option alternatively ? I'm stuck....

Thank you in advance

P.S.
Sorry for my awful english
Maybe depending on the file system of the SD card?
I recommend FAT for cross OS transfers, simply because it's guaranteed to work (but files can't be over 4 GB each).
NTFS might work too, but chances are that Manjaro ARM doesn't come with support out of the box.
I tried EXT3 12 years ago, but I constantly had to deal use "sudo" to write make any changes to the USB drive if I remember correctly.
母語は日本語ですが、英語も喋れます(ry
(12-11-2020, 04:09 AM)zez Wrote: Hi everybody.
I have a problem with my pinephone manjaro ce. Recently I decided to flash the internal emmc through the sd card (jumpstart option).
I was surprised to find out that the phone doesn't recognize the sd card (checked via lsblk command), but a phone sim is detected correctly.
Has my phone a hardware fault ? Do I have to config some software option alternatively ? I'm stuck....

Thank you in advance

P.S.

Hi there - it is unlikely you have a hardware fault but anything is possible. It is not clear from your report how you are detecting things that work:
 - what is the phone configuration when you run lsblk - where do you run lsblk from? Try sudo blkid as well.
 - you say the sim is detected - again what is the phone config when this happens?

Most likely you just need JumpDrive version 0.6?
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC
(12-11-2020, 10:32 AM)dukla2000 Wrote:
(12-11-2020, 04:09 AM)zez Wrote: Hi everybody.

Thank you in advance

P.S.

Hi there - it is unlikely you have a hardware fault but anything is possible. It is not clear from your report how you are detecting things that work:
 - what is the phone configuration when you run lsblk - where do you run lsblk from? Try sudo blkid as well.
 - you say the sim is detected - again what is the phone config when this happens?

Most likely you just need JumpDrive version 0.6?

The phone is running Mobian OS, but the original distribution was Postmarket OS. In the beginning I flashed the phone without any kind of problem, particularly through Jumpdrive. After a certain number of flashing attempts the sd card has not been recognized again.
The sim card has always been recognized by the phone. Recently I tried again to insert my sim and I got the expected effect: the phone has been connected to the gsm network.
The pinephone was configured enabling the mobile data option in the config section.
I don't know how to proceed in order to flash my pinephone again....

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PinePhone Pro and PinePhone Community Edition Different SIM Card Trays dorkydev 2 135 04-11-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Cannot pay with credit card: VISA: "card was declined.". MasterCard: "Bad Gateway". dreieck 4 2,622 04-15-2023, 04:21 PM
Last Post: pinkkat
  Credit card rejected by the bank farleymartinez 4 2,353 12-14-2022, 12:03 PM
Last Post: fxc
  sd card wear vs partition size guenther 2 1,785 11-07-2021, 11:11 AM
Last Post: guenther
  sd card limits cmcanulty 2 3,760 06-19-2019, 05:43 AM
Last Post: cmcanulty
Question Does the Rock64 single board computer (1, 2 or 4 GB ram) have a PCie slot? IP_Proxy 5 6,637 04-29-2019, 08:19 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Purchasing with credit card blindson76 0 2,706 06-08-2018, 12:25 PM
Last Post: blindson76