Updates stuck on stable channel.
Star 
This is probably my most frustrating experience yet!
For some reason after an update my phone ended up on the stable channel. It can no longer revert and will not allow me to update to further dev builds
It says build 8 but i know there's at least a 229 dev
(10-02-2020, 10:33 PM)Cree Wrote: This is probably my most frustrating experience yet!
For some reason after an update my phone ended up on the stable channel. It can no longer revert and will not allow me to update to further dev builds

The numbering of stable and develoment channels is completely unrelated, and since stable was just updated you're not too far behind.

I'd suggest, installing UT Tweak Tool (UTTT), and clearing the setting app's cache and reopening the settings. I bet that'll fix the issues. Channel switching can be a bit glitchy.
(10-02-2020, 10:53 PM)Giiba Wrote:
(10-02-2020, 10:33 PM)Cree Wrote: This is probably my most frustrating experience yet!

The numbering of stable and develoment channels is completely unrelated, and since stable was just updated you're not too far behind.

I'd suggest, installing UT Tweak Tool (UTTT), and clearing the setting app's cache and reopening the settings. I bet that'll fix the issues. Channel switching can be a bit glitchy.
Cleared the cache. Still doesnt want to switch back to dev. I customized this image a fair bit so i really dont want to reflash it. Settings just freezes everytime i open channels and select dev. Then it reverts to stable. It seems "stable" build 8 just wont allow you to go to dev. What nonsense is this, i dont want to wait for a future stable 9 to get back on dev.
Okay, after 50+ attempts, it looks like this finally resolved itself. Nothing i did differently, and nothing im aware i did to fix it. It just finally did what i wanted it to. I suspect there may have been some background process running that was interfering with it that finally terminated and allowed it to work again. Thats my best guess.
Smile 

I am typically on Dev as well, but I updated to 221, and noticed my battery life went from about 2 1/2 hours to 8 hours  Big Grin
Yes! Battery life does seem much better! Not quite where its at with Manjaro, but significantly better than UT was a few weeks ago.
Well the customization is your trouble. The UT system is readonly, and any moifications come with the risk of breaking OTA updates. Like seems to have happened.

I would bt that's the problem with the channel setting, it doesn't know which you are using so always reverts to displaying the default option.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PinePhone UBPorts Edition stuck on PINE64 logo screen Giovanni Iannotti 4 4,726 09-01-2021, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Giovanni Iannotti
  Ubuntu Touch with OTA updates Luke 131 162,351 04-21-2021, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Nooblife
  Kernel Update Channel Zweitaktmotor 2 3,667 01-06-2021, 08:22 PM
Last Post: Korac
  Pinephone 3G Bluetooth Working Pretty Well With Latest Mobian Updates rmcg 0 2,427 09-27-2020, 10:22 PM
Last Post: rmcg
  Ubuntu Touch 6 brings camera to RC channel doelf 2 3,971 09-01-2020, 02:15 PM
Last Post: doelf
  How Do I Switch To Development Channel syrinx 0 1,946 07-31-2020, 12:52 PM
Last Post: syrinx
  [Possible solution] Stuck on blank screen kugiigi 4 5,662 06-29-2020, 02:51 PM
Last Post: rocket2nfinity
  Only the top few rows of pixels work on stable OTA 3 NoraCodes 0 1,964 06-18-2020, 09:18 AM
Last Post: NoraCodes