Cracked Screen on delivery
I just got my PineTab delivered with DHL, and the screen is cracked.  I wouldn't really care, but unfortunately it is making the touch screen functionality not usable. 

Is there anyway to get a replacement screen, or ship it back and have it replaced?

Thanks for any support you can provide.
Probably, you'll have to ship it back and replace it. have you contact with the Pine64 support? I had problems with my PBP and they helped a lot.

Sorry to hear that and hope it will end well!
Ugh... I had mine for 86 hours and cracked the screen in my backpack. I'm wait-listed for a replacement. If you are US based and need help replacing it we can arrange something (I'm an engineer). Or I can at least document the replacement, which I intent to anyway, and send you very detailed instructions.
I'm following this; while I am a happy customer of a Pinebook Pro of 1 day, I'm interested in seeing how Pine64 handles these issues.

I think [most of us] we all know what type of products we're dealing with here... however I hope that Pine64 continues to earn us as a community. I'm extremely happy with the singleboard [and PBP] ARM architecture and hope to see Pine64 become a leader much in the way that team Raspberry Pi has. There is a balance when having products manufactured in China... so long as we get the quality threshold high enough and customer service good enough to handle these issues, the sky is the limit of us all as a community.

I haven't heard any BAD news concerning Pine64 and replacement/repair of damaged on arrival goods... I hope they take care of this issue, that was no fault of yours, for you. Your scenerio is not 'a dead pixel'.

pAULIE42o
.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .
/s
Unfortunately managed to crack my screen as well (no fault of Pine64 obviously). Am I right in thinking this isn't something the local ifixit or equivalent could fix for me? @m4xx3d0ut did you have any luck replacing and documenting yourself? Where did you order a replacement part from? If not are there any other options available at this time for getting it fixed that anyone knows of?
Unfortunately I expect you'll have to wait until the display shortage that's holding up production gets sorted and the next production run gets shipped. Once that's done the displays will probably appear in the store as spare parts just as they have for the other devices.
(09-12-2020, 08:09 AM)Kromdore Wrote: I just got my PineTab delivered with DHL, and the screen is cracked.  I wouldn't really care, but unfortunately it is making the touch screen functionality not usable. 

That is worrisome. I have a few tablets here, and some with cracked screens. I have an 7th Gen Amazon fire 10" tablet with cracks all over it, and I am still able to fully use it, though some of the glass fragments in very damaged areas will sometimes snag in my skin. I also have another cheapy 2-n-1 Windows 10 tablet, and it has ONE single diagonal crack in it. All touch on the left side of the crack does not respond at all anymore.

Why is this the case? Maybe Pine64 should switch over to using digitizers/pabels like what Amazon is using?
hi,
had a cracked screen too. It took three months but they replaced it finally. Typing on pinetab now.

I cant say I am satisfied given the time it took and since I had to send something like six emails . They either did not respond at all,
or only once and then didnt tell me what the next step in the process would be and so on.
So keep hammering them until you have a new one is my advise.

Also the howto on the site is no longer valid, since the software version it ships with has no updates anymore I think. But I am now trying to find out what software I like best.
At the moment I am running mobian from an sd card, but its very sluggish.
(11-03-2020, 08:17 AM)hanscees Wrote: hi,
had a cracked screen too. It took three months but they replaced it finally. Typing on pinetab now.

I cant say I am satisfied given the time it took and since I had to send something like six emails . They either did not respond at all,
or only once and then didnt tell me what the next step in the process would be and so on.

Also the howto on the site is no longer valid, since the software version it ships with has no updates anymore I think. But I am now trying to find out what software I like best.
Oh that sounds really irritating. Mine was replaced right away but it was like 2 years ago.. Maybe there was some problem about your request or something? And where do you live exactly? I bought the device in France and it was quickly delivered back to my property in Cannes.
(11-03-2020, 08:17 AM)hanscees Wrote: hi,

Just wondering: Did you have to send back the defective one and in case, who did pay for that shipping and for VAT on replacement item?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Screen protector for PineTab 2 vatin 0 490 11-18-2023, 01:31 AM
Last Post: vatin
  Pinetab2 screen issue. screen does not power on at all bluemage 5 1,281 09-25-2023, 08:29 PM
Last Post: bluemage
  PineTab 2 Dead Screen Kramey 16 4,637 08-12-2023, 05:44 PM
Last Post: Kramey
  Compatible screen replacement TomasM 3 3,614 09-26-2021, 01:11 AM
Last Post: CharlieGordon