chroot can't execute passwd exec format error
Have an error while installing postmarketos on a new pinephone. After entered password, pin, selected to encrypt storage, phone starts to install OS, but it interrupts with an error:

chroot can't execute passwd exec format error

Attached Files
.jpg   IMG_20200907_205321_789.jpg (Size: 74.73 KB / Downloads: 368)
Interesting, is this a version of postmarketOS that came with the phone (so the pmOS CE) or is it one you either made yourself or downloaded from the internet somewhere? If the latter, which image did you download?
(09-10-2020, 09:08 AM)PureTryOut Wrote: Interesting, is this a version of postmarketOS that came with the phone (so the pmOS CE) or is it one you either made yourself or downloaded from the internet somewhere? If the latter, which image did you download?

Not OP but it seems like I'm having the exact same issue.
It's the 3GB Convergence Package of the postmarketOS edition. Just received it an hour ago.

I've done absolutely nothing at all to the software yet, so it's still running the stock factory image.
I've only peeled the battery blocker sticker, plugged it into my PC's USB port and powered it on, and get this when running the first time setup. Forced poweroff twice, same issue when re-running it.
I also have the exact same problem with a 3GB Convergence Package of the postmarketOS edition I received today.
Hey, I had the exact same problem and was pretty disappointed when the phone arrived today.

Apparently the installer seems to be broken or something. I followed the guides for Interal eMMc installation here https://wiki.postmarketos.org/wiki/PINE6...pinephone) and got a working phone now.

Hope I could help. Smile
(09-10-2020, 09:08 AM)PureTryOut Wrote: Interesting, is this a version of postmarketOS that came with the phone (so the pmOS CE) or is it one you either made yourself or downloaded from the internet somewhere? If the latter, which image did you download?
Another user with the same problem.Reports that it cannot create user : chroot can't execute useradd, exec format error.  I have asked for SSH and encryption, if that is relevant. 
And yes, with preinstalled version.
Kevin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  constant apk error message iwm 2 2,575 11-15-2021, 07:25 PM
Last Post: iwm
  Error when updating syrinx 1 2,363 03-06-2021, 01:32 AM
Last Post: hiimtye
  pmbootstrap error lat 2 3,530 12-22-2020, 06:32 PM
Last Post: lat
Sad ERROR: Could not find dependency 'firmware-rtl8723bt' Engineer 4 6,121 06-16-2020, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Engineer
  Error importing PyQt5 bunburya 9 9,612 02-25-2020, 06:02 AM
Last Post: PureTryOut