Getting platform tools working like I'm used to?
I use the same package android-tools 30.0.3-1 and yes, it's in the community repository. 

You can use which adb to find it's location. It should turn up with /bin/adb and /bin/fastboot

It sounds as if your device defaults to Charging only (check the Settings on the device and switch to something else). Switch to File transfer and adb/ fastboot will work without a problem. This has to do with Android and a few changes long time ago (adb service not restarting when reconnecting as there is no data transfer).
Except recently the pestering Charging only has become the default option throwing off the usual workflow for 5-10 minutes until the root cause is found Smile

AUR stands for Arch User Repository - people using arch based systems (like Manjaro) can package software that you can install.
The reason why it can be considered unsafe - well, it's open for everyone to submit packages Big Grin

Snap is the container approach like Flatpak or AppImage - it's meant to allow you to install programs which won't require you to install something else (if you have gcc10 and the program relies on gcc8 for example). Snap is a child from Canonical, Fedora is pushing for Flatpaks (I think) and so on.
Neither Snaps or Flatpaks guarantee that you can run the programs on ARM based systems - the snap/ flatpak/ appimage still have to be compiled against x86 and arm platforms but they could go around x86<->x86_64 or armv7<->aarch64 requirements for example (read - you can use RPi snaps on your Manjaro install for example)

PS:I keep forgetting if adb service remains active/ restarts properly if you accept the connection to the laptop (with Always allow).

Device: Pinebook Pro 128GB No:246 / MainOS: Manjaro ARM
Godot and Flutter - creating something can be fun with the right tools!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Getting platform tools working like I'm used to? - by PakoSt - 09-07-2020, 12:44 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No Android build working! pin 60 85,303 07-03-2021, 06:08 PM
Last Post: justiceankomah