No input/output from postmarketOS Convergence dongle
Hello everyone. Just got my postmarketOS "Convergence" package in the mail. The phone itself works as expected. However, I'm unable to get any input/output (other than power) to work with the provided USB-C dongle. I've tried multiple mice, keyboards, screens, HDMI cables, etc. The keyboards and mice seem to receive power, but I get no indication that they're recognized by the phone. No HDMI output s detected by any screen I've plugged into it.

Any help would be appreciated.
I'd done an update and hadn't rebooted. Rebooting fixed the issue. I should know better.
(09-01-2020, 10:16 PM)yellowtrireme Wrote: I'd done an update and hadn't rebooted. Rebooting fixed the issue. I should know better.
When you say you did an update and rebooted, how did you do the update?  my dongle works with keyboard and mouse but I get no output from HDMI.  I've tried to reboot through the Software application GUI and I ran sudo apk update/upgrade through terminal but even after reboot I get no display from HDMI.  I've tried three different monitors/TV's and cables.  At a bit of a loss.  I also have the pmOS Convergence edition so assuming it's the 1.2a board.

Thanks for the info in advance.
I’m also curious about the update you performed. I just got mine and, when I pressed Software/Update, it said that everything was already up to date. I felt very skeptical when it said that.

As for the hub, my keyboard works, I don’t have an external monitor but think hdmi isn’t supposed to be working yet—and I haven’t gotten ethernet to work yet, but for ethernet I’m not sure yet whether I’m doing something wrong.

Ah, I rebooted and this time there are updates to perform. Maybe it needed to boot with wifi already configured (no sim yet) for updates to work. *shrug*

Guess it’s time to make sense of postmarketOS in general. The documentation feels very haphazard, but maybe I just haven’t found the right entry point yet.
Spent some time in the chat and as it turns out the HDMI out currently only works with some monitors.  They are working to resolve the issue and here is a link to the open issue.

https://gitlab.com/postmarketOS/pmaports/-/issues/735

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Convergence package USB-C Docking Bar for Wired Ethernet (part II) Peter Gamma 4 921 10-08-2023, 11:49 PM
Last Post: zetabeta
  Pinephone Pro Convergence Dock Ethernet performance with non-pro pinephone Matt2020 10 4,472 03-07-2023, 12:33 PM
Last Post: emsyr
  PinePhone convergence docking bar malfunctioning bircoph 3 1,996 12-09-2022, 05:41 PM
Last Post: bircoph
Bug PinePhone keyboard case renders itself brick failing to charge(?), help/input wanted e1337 1 1,512 08-12-2022, 09:12 AM
Last Post: e1337
  Convergence docking bar and keyboard pifou 4 3,541 06-23-2022, 04:40 AM
Last Post: wibble
  Gembird USB Typ-C to HDMI has no HDMI output when connected to PinePhone PostmarkedOS Peter Gamma 1 1,348 06-13-2022, 09:53 AM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
Question Keyboard Case + Convergence Dock Merc 5 3,226 04-21-2022, 10:24 AM
Last Post: zetabeta
  How to query keyboard battery charge level in sxmo/postmarketOS? kelbot 0 1,089 01-30-2022, 01:24 PM
Last Post: kelbot
  Convergence dock not charging pinephone mobian tecnocris 8 8,413 09-11-2021, 06:43 PM
Last Post: bcnaz
  USB-C Dongle and Branded Case backs hiimtye 11 12,207 12-16-2020, 07:38 AM
Last Post: nas