My Daily QA - 2020-08-26
Be aware, these tests are being executed using an out-of-box testing methodology. All tests are preformed with minimal interaction/setup of devices outside of: OS imaging/updating,  SIM installation, Wifi Configuration,  and Power Cycling the devices.

Results: mobian/2020-08-26-Verizon.html
              mobian/2020-08-26-TMoblie.html

Conclusion: OS is not Ready for pinephone to be daily driver.

Notes: We starting test MMS messaging. Sadly we failed those tests today. Something i noticed, we started getting a ring back when calling out but only on Verizon. Speaker Phone took a turn for the worst in this build. UI just as responsive as last build.
(08-26-2020, 01:11 PM)AmazingNutria Wrote: Be aware, these tests are being executed using an out-of-box testing methodology. All tests are preformed with minimal interaction/setup of devices outside of: OS imaging/updating,  SIM installation, Wifi Configuration,  and Power Cycling the devices.

Notes: We starting test MMS messaging. Sadly we failed those tests today. Something i noticed, we started getting a dial tone when calling out but only on Verizon. Speaker Phone took a turn for the worst in this build. UI just as responsive as last build.
Quick question. I see mms constantly coming up as a failed test. Havent had the time to test it on each distro yet since i just started trying more than UB. I was wondering if it could be a simple matter of manually setting up mms APN? I did try this on ubports but it interfered with internet data so i had to remove the extra apn. Maybe it would be okay on the other distros? Perhaps you've already tried this though!

I do realise your talking out of the box but apn settings often have to be manually set anyway, ive noticed carriers sometimes broadcast old addresses that have already been made obsolete.

Another question... Seeing as youre testing this daily, are the Mobian updates OTA or are you reflashing daily?
(08-26-2020, 01:20 PM)Cree Wrote:
(08-26-2020, 01:11 PM)AmazingNutria Wrote: Be aware, these tests are being executed using an out-of-box testing methodology. All tests are preformed with minimal interaction/setup of devices outside of: OS imaging/updating,  SIM installation, Wifi Configuration,  and Power Cycling the devices.

Notes: We starting test MMS messaging. Sadly we failed those tests today. Something i noticed, we started getting a dial tone when calling out but only on Verizon. Speaker Phone took a turn for the worst in this build. UI just as responsive as last build.
Quick question. I see mms constantly coming up as a failed test. Havent had the time to test it on each distro yet since i just started trying more than UB. I was wondering if it could be a simple matter of manually setting up mms APN? I did try this on ubports but it interfered with internet data so i had to remove the extra apn. Maybe it would be okay on the other distros? Perhaps you've already tried this though!

I do realise your talking out of the box but apn settings often have to be manually set anyway, ive noticed carriers sometimes broadcast old addresses that have already been made obsolete.

Another question... Seeing as youre testing this daily, are the Mobian updates OTA or are you reflashing daily?

Thank you for bring up the APN. Ill take that under consideration. I have had to mess with APNs before on an Android phone to somethings working correctly. I don't know if that's the norm though.

To your second question. I am reflashing daily on the Mobian nightly dev build. I dont think the OTA update gives you the nightly build
Dial tone ?

The last time I heard a dial tone,   was when I used a 'Magic Jack'
or
a Landline phone.

Why is that a criteria that  'needs to be tested'  ?
(08-26-2020, 02:06 PM)bcnaz Wrote: Dial tone ?

The last time I heard a dial tone,   was when I used a 'Magic Jack'
or
a Landline phone.

Why is that a criteria that  'needs to be tested'  ?

Sorry @bcnaz I meant a ring back when calling out. Ill edit my original post.
Ah !

OK, Not certain what is proper terminology,  perhaps  'Ring tone'  ?

-----

I had not noticed as I usually just hold the phone and place it near my ear 'after' it connects to the party I am calling.
--------

I just now tried listening to the the phone while calling out,  I am hearing a 'ring tone' while calling out, I am using the August 25 release, I do not think it has done any updates.
(08-26-2020, 02:47 PM)bcnaz Wrote: Ah !

OK, Not certain what is proper terminology,  perhaps  'Ring tone'  ?

-----

I had not noticed as I usually just hold the phone and place it near my ear 'after' it connects to the party I am calling.
--------

I just now tried listening to the the phone while calling out,  I am hearing a 'ring tone' while calling out, I am using the August 25 release, I do not think it has done any updates.

The actual name is, "Ringback Tone". I remember when it was popular to customize your phone by having a custom ringback tone.

Notes: We starting test MMS messaging. Sadly we failed those tests today. Something i noticed, we started getting a ring back when calling out but only on Verizon. Speaker Phone took a turn for the worst in this build. UI just as responsive as last build.
Quick question, is it able to consistently hold service? My biggest issue with UT is it will say i have service when in reality I don't. So I'll be texting people and every once in a while text myself to see if my messages are even going through. So it seems like UT doesn't hold service for more than an hour or two.
(08-27-2020, 11:49 AM)ragreenburg Wrote:

Quick question, is it able to consistently hold service? My biggest issue with UT is it will say i have service when in reality I don't. So I'll be texting people and every once in a while text myself to see if my messages are even going through. So it seems like UT doesn't hold service for more than an hour or two.

This thread is geared toward Mobian. just FYI. But, I currently do not do any longevity tests on UT. (Ubuntu Touch aka UBPorts). I would bet that there are issues with keeping connected to your carrier for any extended amount of time.
(08-27-2020, 11:49 AM)ragreenburg Wrote:

That is a great question. I haven't ran any longevity tests yet. Ill keep that in mind going forward and will update you if i see anything worth mentioning on this topic.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2020-11-13 Image status. Gribouille 45 35,674 11-14-2021, 12:44 AM
Last Post: Gribouille
  Status update 2020-12-15 a-wai 33 35,958 01-13-2021, 07:14 AM
Last Post: scott_VYuCAbn3k1NFK
  My Daily QA - 2020-10-06 AmazingNutria 6 7,015 01-05-2021, 10:08 PM
Last Post: daniel
  Why the 12/15/2020 build is no where near a daily driver yet TheLastDon 24 19,667 12-31-2020, 09:51 AM
Last Post: HLing
  Status update 2020-11-15 a-wai 17 16,668 12-05-2020, 05:58 PM
Last Post: bcnaz
  Status update 2020-09-05 a-wai 26 28,556 10-12-2020, 01:50 PM
Last Post: dukla2000
  Status update 2020-10-05 a-wai 8 8,782 10-08-2020, 03:20 AM
Last Post: dukla2000
  My Daily QA - 2020-09-22 AmazingNutria 4 5,073 09-25-2020, 08:33 AM
Last Post: bcnaz
  My Daily QA - 2020-09-11 AmazingNutria 2 3,457 09-20-2020, 09:17 PM
Last Post: daniel
  My Daily QA - 2020-09-10 AmazingNutria 1 2,894 09-11-2020, 08:30 AM