TouchScreen "goodix" version and driver source code.
Question 
Hey folks,

I have been using the pinephone with the XFCE desktop environment with postmarketOS as it seems to run the fastest out of all the options I have tried on my pinephone so far(braveheart version).

I have tried several things to make it more usable when it comes to navigation touch screen such as compiling and trying to run eggthouch and messing with libinput.
neither have really worked or had any meaningful results from what i have managed to cobble together.

My question: Does anyone know the exact model of the touch screen driver IC and the git repo for the code used by OS. I want to be able to process the raw input and give it new functions based on touch movements.

-"fast" swipe is interpreted as a scroll event.
-double tapping is a right click
-single tap is a left click
-holding is a a held left click
ect...

At this point I'm still reading documentation as I'm assuming that alpine linux/postmarket os is using xorg clients and servers to handle the input and output. Although the section on touch screens in the epub(documentation) just had a note saying it still had to be written.

If anyone has any input or ideas they would be most welcome.

Found the datasheet: http://files.pine64.org/doc/datasheet/pi...asheet.pdf
still looking for the driver repo/source
Found the Driver repo here. Still don't know how I'm going to implement kinetic scrolling but it's a start.

https://github.com/goodix/goodix_gt9xx_public
Touchscreen support in Linux has actually gotten worse the last few years. Was working fairly well with Ubuntu 17.04 and became total dookie by 18.04. Think it's because Canonical stopped working on Unity and the focus shifted to Wayland. Touchegg doesnt work with Wayland, neither does Onboard. So the wheel now needs to be reinvented.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current version of packages user641 3 2,787 01-03-2022, 12:02 PM
Last Post: kqlnut
  Comparison to Debian Version Concrete_panda 2 4,411 04-19-2020, 12:34 PM
Last Post: Concrete_panda
  Mali400 video driver? Zweitaktmotor 2 3,724 02-24-2020, 08:42 AM
Last Post: Zweitaktmotor
  where is the source code for the bootstrap OS? blicken 2 3,720 02-20-2020, 05:20 PM
Last Post: blicken