Lockscreen not moving
HI,

I've flashed SFOS on my BH Pinephone yesterday, using the flash-it.sh script as instructed by the PinePhone Software Releases page on the wiki. I'm really impressed with how snappy and smooth this OS runs on the pinephone.

The device boots into the lockscreen, and from there I can edge swipe down or op, opening the settings or the camera. Swiping from the left or from the right, however, has no effect, and as such I am unable to move the lockscreen and start using the rest of the OS.

I know there's nothing wrong with my screen. as when the config is slider is down, I can close it by swiping from the left or the right. I've also never had any touchscreen problems with Manjaro.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is there anything that can be done about it?

Thanks!
I seem to have the same issue, some further testing has revealed that if I boot the phone without a sim inserted I do not get a lockscreen but just the spinning circle. The swipes from the top and bottom still bring out the quicksettings/camera respectively. This happens on a fresh flash as well as on reboots.
(08-22-2021, 07:31 AM)henkdieter Wrote: The device boots into the lockscreen, and from there I can edge swipe down or op, opening the settings or the camera. Swiping from the left or from the right, however, has no effect, and as such I am unable to move the lockscreen and start using the rest of the OS.

It is always good to read the release notes:
https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PinePhone_S...ailfish_OS
Especially: "The homescreen may be locked unless you boot with a sim card inserted. An old expired sim will do. If you do not have a SIM card on hands, do NOT set a security code on first boot."
(08-23-2021, 01:16 AM)acrux Wrote:
(08-22-2021, 07:31 AM)henkdieter Wrote: The device boots into the lockscreen, and from there I can edge swipe down or op, opening the settings or the camera. Swiping from the left or from the right, however, has no effect, and as such I am unable to move the lockscreen and start using the rest of the OS.

It is always good to read the release notes:
https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PinePhone_S...ailfish_OS
Especially: "The homescreen may be locked unless you boot with a sim card inserted. An old expired sim will do. If you do not have a SIM card on hands, do NOT set a security code on first boot."

Hi Acrux,

Thanks for the reply. I did see that sentence on the wiki page. Unfortunately, inserting the sim doesn't change anything. This problem occurs both when running from sdcard and from internal emmc.
(08-23-2021, 11:21 AM)henkdieter Wrote: Unfortunately, inserting the sim doesn't change anything. This problem occurs both when running from sdcard and from internal emmc.

Sorry, can't confirm here... Do you have a sim card PIN removed? Last I checked, SailfishOS for PinePhone did not support sim card PIN unlocking.
I did have a pincode on my Sim. Just removed it and tried again. but still no moving lockscreen, sadly.
(08-22-2021, 07:31 AM)henkdieter Wrote: HI,

I've flashed SFOS on my BH Pinephone yesterday, using the flash-it.sh script as instructed by the PinePhone Software Releases page on the wiki. I'm really impressed with how snappy and smooth this OS runs on the pinephone.

The device boots into the lockscreen, and from there I can edge swipe down or op, opening the settings or the camera. Swiping from the left or from the right, however, has no effect, and as such I am unable to move the lockscreen and start using the rest of the OS.

I know there's nothing wrong with my screen. as when the config is slider is down, I can close it by swiping from the left or the right. I've also never had any touchscreen problems with Manjaro.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is there anything that can be done about it?

Thanks!

Hey there,
Ive loved Sailfish and recently went back to putting it on my Pinephone again. Ive done screen testing and its fine, I have gained root SSH access as well and tried to dig through some of the logs. The only few things I really find (I am not sure if they are to the lockscreen) are:

-Device /dev/sailfish/home does not exist
-QT4 package xcb was not found

However, Sailfish now seems to be picking up my SIM card and calls work just fine (I was able to answer a call from my other phone on Sailfish.)
I would like to see about downgrading Lipstick to see if that may fix anything, however, I cant seem to find a version list of Lipstick
I just tried flashing version 3.3.0.16 of SailfishOS and I the problem still persists, the only change is that with this version I can set a security code on boot. After this I am asked to connect to wifi and that is where the phone locks itself and goes into "unmovable lockscreen" mode. This happens with or without a simcard inserted, with or without a pin on the sim.
I also tried not setting a security code but the result is still the same "unmovable lockscreen".

I also flashed the fresh build that was built today by the gitlab CI with the same results.
Only difference being that the security code prompt does not come up after flashing v4.1.0.24.
All my flashes have been to the internal eMMC both with the "flash-it.sh" tool directly and flashing the generated "raw" image with etcher.
I have also tried flashing with different usb-c cables.
(08-25-2021, 01:28 PM)skug Wrote: All my flashes have been to the internal eMMC both with the "flash-it.sh" tool directly and flashing the generated "raw" image with etcher.

Hmm, why not follow the "official" procedure described here:
https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PinePhone#I...structions
e.g. flash to the (fast) sd card and if it boots and works ok, then flash the same image from the booted microSD OS:
https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PinePhone_I...microSD_OS
(08-26-2021, 04:01 AM)acrux Wrote:
(08-25-2021, 01:28 PM)skug Wrote: All my flashes have been to the internal eMMC both with the "flash-it.sh" tool directly and flashing the generated "raw" image with etcher.

Hmm, why not follow the "official" procedure described here:
https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PinePhone#I...structions
e.g. flash to the (fast) sd card and if it boots and works ok, then flash the same image from the booted microSD OS:
https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PinePhone_I...microSD_OS

I have been using JumpDrive for all my flashing needs, both for the flash-it.sh script and flashing the sdcard.img generated by the same script. This is mainly because I only have one SD card handy at the moment, I'll go out and grab a new bigger card and see if flashing to an SD card will make any difference though I highly doubt it. Will report back once I know more.

Oh and I forgot to mention that this is on the PinePhone 1.2b Mobian Edition.