low brightness in KDE makes screen unusably dark
after an reboot after an update my screen kept black after the kde logo. After messing around a rogognised that the backlight was of but the screen was working. With a strang lamp I was able to see enough to check the display brighness seams like it was set to zero. after setting it to a higher value everything was normal but setting the slider to a low value makes the phone unusable again.

It would be fine to make the allowed minimum high enough to actually see anything without an external light source.
if the modem is powered off then setting the brightness to the minimum doesn't turn off the light but if the modem is on then the power is not enough and the light turns off, don't set it to the minimum if the modem is on
I did a a fresh download and install of 'Manjaro/Phosh' just a few hours ago, and the screen was almost too dark to
read, I did manage to get into settings and was able to turn up the brightness.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(08-08-2021, 02:32 PM)mouffa Wrote: if the modem is powered off then setting the brightness to the minimum doesn't turn off the light but if the modem is on then the power is not enough and the light turns off, don't set it to the minimum if the modem is on

Good to know that. It still would be a good idea to make the minimum settable value a bit higher just that you can't accidentally render your phone unusable that easy.
I reckon these limits can be controlled in the /sys filesystem, I have seen somewhere in there the backlight driver files in /sys/class.
(08-08-2021, 02:32 PM)mouffa Wrote: if the modem is powered off then setting the brightness to the minimum doesn't turn off the light but if the modem is on then the power is not enough and the light turns off, don't set it to the minimum if the modem is on

My PinePhone arrived a couple of days ago. After updating and rebooting a few times I ended up with a blank screen after entering the PIN. I am not sure why as I don't remember adjusting the screen brightness to minimum.

I finally got the screen back by turning off the modem (and flicking all the other DIP switches to off for good measure) shutting down (fully) and then booting.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  screen brightness Uturn 1 602 10-09-2023, 04:38 AM
Last Post: Eugo
  screen brightness locked Uturn 0 588 07-07-2023, 09:38 AM
Last Post: Uturn
  Backup and Home Screen Tinkering on Phosh jakfish 0 809 02-24-2023, 12:56 PM
Last Post: jakfish
  Screen timeout makes alarm and timer unusable... Eugo 9 3,795 10-03-2022, 01:41 AM
Last Post: Eugo
  Screen blocker is damaged ("loginctl unlock-session c1" problem) Gon 2 1,853 09-29-2022, 12:42 PM
Last Post: Firewave
  Disabling screen timeout for plasma mobile rp3 7 7,022 09-05-2022, 03:50 PM
Last Post: christev1
  |Plasma] Blank screen + pointer, SDDM error tuxmain 0 942 07-04-2022, 11:42 AM
Last Post: tuxmain
  How to return to "home screen" hiddenpotato 7 6,087 03-05-2022, 06:21 AM
Last Post: dcinoz
  Manjaro Welcome screen landscape JohanB89 2 2,123 11-12-2021, 01:13 AM
Last Post: acrux
  KDE Plasma Mobile screen scaling Uturn 1 1,761 10-29-2021, 06:59 AM
Last Post: Uturn