Wake on touch on Plamo
What really bugs me a lot is the wake on touch feature on every device it comes with, 99% of the time it wakes on touch by accident, leaving the screen on while sucking the battery dry like a vampire.
So is there a way to turn that off for Plamo?
母語は日本語ですが、英語も喋れます(ry
Nobody yet?
母語は日本語ですが、英語も喋れます(ry
母語は日本語ですが、英語も喋れます(ry
You could do this but you'll have to modify the service managing the phone locking/sleeping yourself. The touch device should show up in /dev/input. If you want to suspend the phone (not suck up the battery like a vampire) you'll need to set up an interrupt from the touch screen as a wakeup source, I'm not sure if that's possible.

Note that the most recent kernel disables the touch screen during sleep, I don't know if that's possible to configure via userpsace.
(07-18-2021, 09:34 AM)swiley Wrote: You could do this but you'll have to modify the service managing the phone locking/sleeping yourself. The touch device should show up in /dev/input. If you want to suspend the phone (not suck up the battery like a vampire) you'll need to set up an interrupt from the touch screen as a wakeup source, I'm not sure if that's possible.

Note that the most recent kernel disables the touch screen during sleep, I don't know if that's possible to configure via userpsace.
I have the most recent kernel installed, and it's still sucking the battery dry way too quickly.
I switched back to Phosh for the time being.
Battery consumption is far worse on Phosh, can't even survive 2 hours of sleep without keeping it hooked into a charger forever.
But at least it doesn't have this wake on touch problem, so you much explicitely press one of the hardware buttons to make it wake up.
母語は日本語ですが、英語も喋れます(ry

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kalendar in Manjaro Plamo Uturn 1 1,166 07-20-2022, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Uturn
  double tap to wake > plasma mobile Uturn 3 2,274 05-19-2022, 07:55 PM
Last Post: epiii2
  Screen recording on PlaMo ryo 5 4,178 08-19-2021, 07:41 PM
Last Post: ryo
  How to disable vibration feedback on the touch keyboard? punchy88 0 1,690 11-26-2020, 02:15 PM
Last Post: punchy88