GloDroid (Android-13)
(03-13-2021, 05:47 AM)arseny1991 Wrote: Is there still any development on GloDroid for the Pinephone? I wanted to use the phone as a fully De-Googled Android device with physical hardware switches while Linux distros mature a bit more. But seems like all Android development is abandoned Sad
It is actively developing, it is just that development going in other branches (non master) and the activity is not visible on GitHub. Just recently a new release was released.
(03-13-2021, 06:44 AM)Shatur Wrote:
(03-13-2021, 05:47 AM)arseny1991 Wrote: Is there still any development on GloDroid for the Pinephone? I wanted to use the phone as a fully De-Googled Android device with physical hardware switches while Linux distros mature a bit more. But seems like all Android development is abandoned Sad
It is actively developing, it is just that development going in other branches (non master) and the activity is not visible on GitHub. Just recently a new release was released.
Ah right thanks for letting me know. Where can i find the most recent image to try?
(03-13-2021, 10:33 AM)arseny1991 Wrote:
Ah right thanks for letting me know. Where can i find the most recent image to try?
Here.
(03-13-2021, 10:36 AM)Shatur Wrote:
(03-13-2021, 10:33 AM)arseny1991 Wrote:
Here.
Thank you so much! You are a legend Smile
So, i have downloaded v0.6.0 and flashed deploy-sd-for-emmc.img to micro sd using Etcher. Triggered flash-emmc.sh via terminal and followed all the instructions. It gets to fastboot after you power off the device, remove the sd and power it back on and hit enter in terminal for the process to continue, but the terminal hangs on "Rebooting into fastboot <waiting for any device>".

I have adb installed successfully (currently on my x200 thinkpad running KDE Neon with all updates). Last time i tried with v0.5.1 it booted and installed all fine to emmc.

Any ideas?
The keyword for this release is "untested". Others have reported the same issue so will have to wait for the next build.
(03-13-2021, 12:47 PM)nas Wrote: The keyword for this release is "untested". Others have reported same issue so will have to wait for the next build.

Right just thought i could at least install in past fastboot, but makes sense.

Are there any other places where android development for the pinephone is discussed more?
Someone asked a similar question on their issue tracker a while back.
Curious, any idea as to what state the current development is in?  i.e. calls, or wifi/bluetooth status etc?
I can't experiment myself until my pre-ordered pinephone arrives.  Right now I'm just trying to research everything.
Hi ! I'm currently using Glodroid v0.5.1 on the Pinephone, I'm wondering if TrustyOS is supported on this device ?

According to this : https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4299...d-keystore,
and the Trusty API, after generating a pair of keys, you can execute the method : "isInsideSecureHardware" to see if the keys are stored securely thanks to the TEE.

But on the Pinephone, this method always returns "false", while on several other recent devices, the same method returns "true" (for RSA keys for example).
Thanks !

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Tongue Android Auto on Pinephone via Waydroid: a pipe dream? slondr 1 1,954 11-06-2022, 01:46 PM
Last Post: wibble
  difference between android and linux? vanja 3 2,004 09-16-2022, 07:43 PM
Last Post: TRS-80
  Android and Google Play Store on a PinePhone? Solra Bizna 22 40,378 11-01-2021, 07:11 AM
Last Post: digitalmouse
  Easiest way to use Android applications on Pinephone esud 4 8,310 06-21-2021, 04:52 AM
Last Post: vanja
  Remote connection from Linux Mobile to unrooted Android? (surely very useful?!) 4w7gvrvsjcyvd 0 1,787 01-30-2021, 06:48 PM
Last Post: 4w7gvrvsjcyvd
  pine phone came with android? andrewiassur 1 3,285 04-11-2020, 02:06 PM
Last Post: fire219